Vote~~Congressmen should have to accept the same level of health care

Started by Teresa, December 02, 2009, 05:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a
two-page amendment courtesy of Republican Tom Coburn that would
require all Members and their staffs to enroll in any new
government-run health plan. It took me less than a minute to sign up
to require our congressmen and senators to drink at the same trough!
Three cheers for Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana !
Congressman John Fleming ( Louisiana physician) has proposed an
amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same
healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are
curiously exempt).

Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and
sign his petition (very simple - just first, last and email). I have immediately done just that at:

http://fleming.house.gov/index.html

Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!
If Congress forces this on the American people, the Congressmen should
have to accept the same level of health care for themselves and their
families. To do otherwise is the height of hypocrisy!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jane

:( What is good for the people that voted them in, should be good enough for them. All though they say they will not join the health care, they want the general public too.  >:(

srkruzich

I couldn't get on gave me a error saying too many people accessing it
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

When I first saw this I thought, "hell yeah, make'em join to".  However, I thought about it some more.  If I don't want to be forced to take part in gov't healtcare, they shouldn't be either.  Not only that but it wouldn't do any good anyway.  For example, they are supposed to follow the same laws that we do, right?  How many of you have ever tried the excuse of "oh, I forgot to pay my taxes" and got away with it?  Or lied under oath ("I did not have sexual relations with that woman) and gotten away with it? 

The petition we should be signing is one to do away with gov't funded healthcare totally.  I think things like this are used as distractions to draw people away from the real issue.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Diane Amberg

So you want to eliminate an employer's ability to provide health care as a negotiated benefit?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 03, 2009, 12:35:39 PM
So you want to eliminate an employer's ability to provide health care as a negotiated benefit?
Its not the employers responsibility to provide health benefits. Its the individuals responsibility.  Does the employer pay your house insurance or you car insurance?  No they don't so why should they have to pay for the health insurance?????? 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 03, 2009, 12:35:39 PM

Depends on who the employer is?  If you're talking about the gov't providing health insurance benefits to its employees, then no. But that is not the issues here.  The issue is the gov't providing healthcare to everyone in the U.S.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk