Judge David Kithil on Obamacare

Started by Jo McDonald, December 02, 2009, 02:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Sarah on December 03, 2009, 06:52:17 PM
I've yet to get an itemized bill from a hospital.  They're bad about that. 

They won't if you have insurance. They don't want you to see how much the negotiated rates are
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

I've never had a problem getting one when Al was in overnight 2years ago and when Daddy was in and died there in 2004. There were many pages because he was there for 9 days. I guess different places do different things.Surely you could get one if you asked.

Varmit

Diane, no one is saying that emegerency care be denied.  However, there are some reforms needed.  For example, if an illegal sneaks into this country to have her baby and cannot be safely transported back to where she came from, then American citizenship should not be granted.  To stop hospitals from being sued for some BS reason we need tort reform. not a takeover of our medical system.  ER's should deny admitance for "routine" care, they should only accept "emegrency" patients.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Um, a lady in hard labor isn't considered routine care by hospitals. If they aren't in hard labor illegals don't go. Yes, they do know the system but that example won't fly. Turn them away for an earache? Sure. Toothache. Sure. But then again would you call an ambulance for a toothache?  We just had one yesterday. 911 dispatched it, we had to take it. Screwy if you ask me. Yet jaw and toothache with an overall sick feeling can be a heart attack in older people. Go figure. It's not easy. Hospitals hate bad press.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 04, 2009, 02:08:46 PM
Um, a lady in hard labor isn't considered routine care by hospitals. If they aren't in hard labor illegals don't go. Yes, they do know the system but that example won't fly. Turn them away for an earache? Sure. Toothache. Sure. But then again would you call an ambulance for a toothache?  We just had one yesterday. 911 dispatched it, we had to take it. Screwy if you ask me. Yet jaw and toothache with an overall sick feeling can be a heart attack in older people. Go figure. It's not easy. Hospitals hate bad press.
Jaw and tooth ache as well as back pain and neck pain are all signs of heart attack.  For some reason and i don't know what prompted me to go in when it happened, but i was pouring a concrete pad by my shop one day and after working hard all afternoon on it i went to town with the boys.  I think we went and got something to eat or something.  Anyway my back started killing me when we set down to eat and i thought i had pulled something working with the cement.  So on the way home it was hurting worse and so bad that i went to the ER.  It was bad enough pain that i figured was going to take some heavy duty meds to kill it and the doctors office was closed. 
They kept me.  My enzyme count went skyhigh and they said I almost had a heart attack.  I THought they were full of it and wouldn't let them transport me.  They put me in a room and my cardiologist said to monitor me until morning.  Next morning they were transporting me down to atlanta to do a cath as my enzyme levels came back as heart attack.

They say that referred pain is very common.  I know women don't have the same symptoms as men.  They tend to sweat, and have uhmm burning in shoulders and neck instead of angina chest pains. 

I can say one thing.  If you have had 1 heart attack and survive it, you will know when and if another heart attack is coming on.  You never forget how it feels.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

HelenJames

The similar subject was already observed somewhere at this thread

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk