Sixty-two Years Ago Today, Nov. 29th 1947, the UN Voted to Create Israel....

Started by Warph, November 30, 2009, 01:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

The problem with that Anmar, is what a person sees as being in the best interest of the country.  I for one, see the support of Isreal as being in line with Americas best interest.  Yes, those beliefs are based on a reglious viewpoint.  Let me be clear on this point, my support of Isreal is not exclusive to the Isreali gov't but for the Isreali people as a whole and for their cause.  I know that there is not a gov't on the planet that is perfect and that hasn't made mistakes. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

Billy, why don't you go back in this thread, look at the things Israel has been doing to the United States, and then tell me exactly how our relationship with Israel has been beneficial to us.  I've given many examples of how it hasn't, yet i have yet to see ONE SINGLE BENEFIT of our alliance.

Frankly, the only reason we are allied with them is because our congress has been bought and paid for.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

redcliffsw

We ought to support Israel.  It's one of the few things the USA has right.

Varmit

Alright Anmar, and I know that you aren't going to agree with this, but here goes...

Our relationship with Isreal and our support for the Isreali people has benefited us in that God has bestowed upon us many blessings.  When compared to the major countries around the world America is one of the youngest, but also one of the richest, and the most free.  That doesn't just "happen" because folks work hard or whatever.  God had us in his favor.  Look at those countries that stand against Isreal.  Their people are poor, in many cases starving, they're under tryannical rulers, in many cases the countries are being torn apart by internal strife, folks are gunned down or jailed for speaking out.  To me, the benefits are obvious. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Sarah

Quote from: Varmit on December 03, 2009, 11:05:49 AM
Alright Anmar, and I know that you aren't going to agree with this, but here goes...

Our relationship with Isreal and our support for the Isreali people has benefited us in that God has bestowed upon us many blessings.  When compared to the major countries around the world America is one of the youngest, but also one of the richest, and the most free.  That doesn't just "happen" because folks work hard or whatever.  God had us in his favor.  Look at those countries that stand against Isreal.  Their people are poor, in many cases starving, they're under tryannical rulers, in many cases the countries are being torn apart by internal strife, folks are gunned down or jailed for speaking out.  To me, the benefits are obvious. 

Totally agree.  Our blessing from support Israel tends to be a triangular thing, rather than a horizontal thing.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 03, 2009, 10:15:26 AM
Varmit, have you stopped beating your wife?  I will never, ever say anything you will ever agree with, just because I'm me, so I'll stop now. You don't know me or you wouldn't treat me like the enemy. Enjoy your life.

Varmit beats his wife???  Well, at least the vote a consistent bloc and don't void each others votes!   ;D

It would be my guess that he will enjoy his life.  Even if it isn't the utopia that some are foolish enough to believe can be man made right here on planet earth.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Anmar on December 03, 2009, 10:45:39 AM
Frankly, the only reason we are allied with them is because our congress has been bought and paid for.

LIES! LIES! LIES!   Please provide authoritative source, reference and evidence.

Anmar

Quote from: Patriot on December 03, 2009, 11:25:18 AM

LIES! LIES! LIES!   Please provide authoritative source, reference and evidence.

Are you saying you didn't know?

Have you been living in a cave?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Patriot

Quote from: Anmar on December 03, 2009, 11:34:31 AM
Are you saying you didn't know?

Have you been living in a cave?

I'm saying that you are making a blanket statement that indicts the US without providing any evidence of your claim.  Where I have been living and what I may or may not know isn't the issue.  Your inability or unwillingness to prove your claim is the issue.  If you are going to make the statement, than at least be willing to defend your statement with some factual reference.  Not some deflection and misdirection.

It is retorts that like the one you've provided here that cause some to believe you have been drinking from the liberal kool-aide fountain.  Giving such responses is a very political (and heavily liberal) way of answering a challenge.

Now, please try to make a reasoned response to the following:

1.  Who has paid whom in the US Congress to maintain alliances with Israel?
2.  How much and in what manner has it been paid?
3.  When and how often have such payments been made?
4.  Who made and what promises were made to any Israeli operative in return for any payments?

Now, toddle on off from that business you claim to own (surely you can take an hour or so), do some hard research, and return with some facts and figures.  Otherwise, be big enough to openly say that your statement was an opinion and not a fact.

Varmit

Damn Patriot, you beat me to it :)...who paid who when and how much.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk