Sixty-two Years Ago Today, Nov. 29th 1947, the UN Voted to Create Israel....

Started by Warph, November 30, 2009, 01:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Anmar:  Why are you against America standing with Israel?   We've always stood behind our allies.  I see nothing wrong with it.  And Israel doesn't always stand with us.  They've had their times when we've told them to do or stop doing something and they've flat out refused, so I think parasitic is a strong word since that denotes something that can't live without it's host.  They seem to do quite well on their own. 

The fact that we do support Israel, I think, is one of the reasons why this country experiences God's blessing.  I could be wrong, but I do feel that's at least a part among other things.

Patriot

Quote from: Sarah on December 02, 2009, 03:00:35 PM
Anmar:  Why are you against America standing with Israel?   We've always stood behind our allies.  I see nothing wrong with it.  And Israel doesn't always stand with us.  They've had their times when we've told them to do or stop doing something and they've flat out refused, so I think parasitic is a strong word since that denotes something that can't live without it's host.  They seem to do quite well on their own. 

The fact that we do support Israel, I think, is one of the reasons why this country experiences God's blessing.  I could be wrong, but I do feel that's at least a part among other things.

Our founders did, after all, caution us against too many 'foreign entanglements'.  And failing to heed that warning has caused America some problems over the years.  I agree, however, we need to stand by our allies, knowing full well that they are imperfect just as we are imperfect.  Realizing and accepting that their national interests may not always coincide with ours.  Of course, Anmar could also have also referenced Mr. Clinton's approval to sell high end missile technology to China.  Technology that may well be finding its' way to places like Korea and Iran today.  Seems Israel isn't the only problem Americans are faced with. 

With respect to God's blessings on America, many today in their apostate situations (yes, I'm speaking of church going 'Christians') have, in their hypocrisy, failed to honor the Bible they claim to embrace.  They have forgotten that it says:  "I will bless those who bless Israel, and I will curse those who curse Israel."  What evidence is there?  Do some research on Replacement Theology and you will find that as that movement grew, so has the decline of our society.  Heck, look at what happened in Germany when their leader(s) decided that the Jew was 'the problem'.  They came up with 'The Final Solution'.  Trouble is, it turned out far differently than they had planned!  Those who want to deny our spiritual obligations don't avoid the consequences of doing so.  I'm reminded of an example where a man says he doesn't believe in hell, and another man reminds him that denying hell's existence won't keep one from going there.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Sarah

Quote from: Patriot on December 02, 2009, 03:26:20 PM
Our founders did, after all, caution us against too many 'foreign entanglements'.  And failing to heed that warning has caused America some problems over the years.  I agree, however, we need to stand by our allies, knowing full well that they are imperfect just as we are imperfect.  Realizing and accepting that their national interests may not always coincide with ours.  Of course, Anmar could also have also referenced Mr. Clinton's approval to sell high end missile technology to China.  Technology that may well be finding its' way to places like Korea and Iran today.  Seems Israel isn't the only problem Americans are faced with. 

With respect to God's blessings on America, many today in their apostate situations (yes, I'm speaking of church going 'Christians') have, in their hypocrisy, failed to honor the Bible they claim to embrace.  They have forgotten that it says:  "I will bless those who bless Israel, and I will curse those who curse Israel."  What evidence is there?  Do some research on Replacement Theology and you will find that as that movement grew, so has the decline of our society.  Heck, look at what happened in Germany when their leader(s) decided that the Jew was 'the problem'.  They came up with 'The Final Solution'.  Trouble is, it turned out far differently than they had planned!  Those who want to deny our spiritual obligations don't avoid the consequences of doing so.  I'm reminded of an example where a man says he doesn't believe in hell, and another man reminds him that denying hell's existence won't keep one from going there.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Replacement Theology, but will have to look it up.  You are right, the Bible does state that. 

I'm not saying that standing or not standing with Israel is why God's blessing has been on this country.  There's a lot of reasons among them being that this country was founded on Biblical principles.........but I guess that's opening a whole nother can of worms.   ;D

Sarah

OK, now I know what the replacement theology is.  Had to go look it up.  LOL

I believe that there were certain promises made to Israel and that they are still God's chosen people.  My dad calls Christians, "Spiritual Jews", meaning we are also God's chosen people, but we never "replaced" Israel.  But I also believe that there are certain promises in the Bible that pertain only to Christians and not Jews, but Jews always were and always will be God's chosen. 

redcliffsw

Just because some are called "Christian scholars" doesn't mean much.
They've either their own private intrepretation of the Bible or they might
not even be Christain.  It seems like a lot of that going on nowadays.

Sarah

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 02, 2009, 07:41:44 PM
Just because some are called "Christian scholars" doesn't mean much.
They've either their own private intrepretation of the Bible or they might
not even be Christain.  It seems like a lot of that going on nowadays.

Well, if you believe in the rapture than I would say it's getting close to the end.

redcliffsw

Yeah, well things are not getting any better and probably never will.
Until, we're out of here, we ought to stand right as we can.

Anmar

Funny, Sarah Palin's pastor was quoted as saying that God has damned Israel.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Patriot

Quote from: Anmar on December 02, 2009, 08:26:47 PM
Funny, Sarah Palin's pastor was quoted as saying that God has damned Israel.

LIES, LIES, LIES!  (To quote you, Anmar)...

Now, source and authoritative references please.

Patriot

Quote from: redcliffsw on December 02, 2009, 07:48:14 PM
Yeah, well things are not getting any better and probably never will.
Until, we're out of here, we ought to stand right as we can.

Good point, red... I read the last book, and as I recall, things get real nasty! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk