New Moon

Started by Jane, November 27, 2009, 05:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Getting ready to see the movie New Moon. The greatest love story since Romero and Juliet with a twist. You must read the 4 books before watching the movie's.  8)
Jane

Joanna

I probably won't go see it for a while. I read all the books and loved them, but wasn't impressed with the first Twilight movie.
My son & daughter-in-law went to New Moon on Wednesday and they said it was pretty good. Dana said it was a very LOUD movie. Let me know what you think!

Varmit

My wife has been bitten with the "Twilight" bug.  Personally, I can't stand it. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Rudy Taylor

Our daughter, Jenny Diveley, also is smitten by the New Moon and the other books. I think it's great that the release of books and movies still thrill people. We live in such a crash-and-burn, over-dramatized society. Although this series might not whet my interests, it's obviously doing plenty to keep people reading and observing the arts.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

I have read all of them except #5 and I can read it on line.  Both of our girls and the grand daughters have seen the movie and are biting at the bit for me to finish the reading so they can take me to see it.  So I must get on with it. 
But first I want to get my Christmas decorations up.....just hurry, hurry, hurry ----and the sad part is, I don't hurry as fast nor as willing as I used to.  LOL LOL LOL
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Jane

Jo,
You really do not have read the 5th book if you have read the first 4. The movie's are in line with each book , they do not skip from one to the other.
Varmit, if you are married I hope you buy flowers for your wife once in awhile!!!
I will be interested in how they show all the sex Bella and Edward have starting in book 3 and 4.

Varmit

Buy flowers...are you kidding me?? :o  I gave her a hoe, spade, and a whole bunch of seed for half the price.   ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Jane

OH Varmit ::), I am sure you do more then that for her since she is still with you. I can see were men would not like this set of books as Edward does everything for Bella and we know that does not happen in the real world ;D

Varmit

Actually jane, my wife and I have been at an on going argument about Edward.  I say that based on the obvious homosexual tendincies of Edward (his refusal to have sex with Bella, his over dramatic sense of romance, his running away from Jacob like a little girl, and the most obvious HE SPARKLES) that he is gay.  My wife doesn't think so...the debate continues.

Varmit

Not to mention the fact that Edwards family goes against the grain of "vampires".  Usually I am a big fan of creature flicks and lore, however I do prefer that they at least stick with the genre guildelines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk