Goverment Schools

Started by redcliffsw, November 23, 2009, 08:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 28, 2009, 01:35:20 PM
I do have to disagree somewhat with a couple of your business statements. You have so few minorities where you are I can't expect you to know the truth. In Wilmington there are sections that are all black.The store owners are not "rich whites." They are black too and struggle with theft and shop lifting and drugs just like everywhere else.

Diane, I have lived in other areas of the country where I was the minority.  Not just because I was white, but because I had a job and wasn't on welfare.  So, I DO know the truth.  Yes, there are some minority small business owners.  That wasn't what I was talking about.  By "Businesses" I meant those large enough to turn those areas economies around.  9 times out of 10 the owners of thoses businesses tend to be rich white folks, and they get blamed for not moving into those areas.  People in those areas rarely take the responsibility onto themselves even though they are the problem. 

If poor people can't afford to move, fine.  No one said that they had to.  However, if that is the case then they should at least look for way to clean up their area and attract more business.  Thats not going to happen if they continue to allow gangs and a general lawlessness to persist.  But until they stand up and stop being a victim that is not going to happen.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Unfortunately that's a death sentence for some who do stand up. It just happened in Philly recently.  Very sad and frustrating

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 28, 2009, 04:51:46 PM
Unfortunately that's a death sentence for some who do stand up. It just happened in Philly recently.  Very sad and frustrating
i'll tell ya what, let someone go into Appalachia and start something and i'll guarantee that they won't be heard from again or ever found. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Ya mean stand up against the mine owners? Ya gotta be kidding.  :o

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 28, 2009, 06:16:40 PM
Ya mean stand up against the mine owners? Ya gotta be kidding.  :o
they have done it before and it was very bloody

Diane Amberg

What did the violence accomplish?  By the way, I had a friend who did work in an impoverished" mine country" school for a good many years. Her problem was tr The parents didn't value education because they just figured their kids would go to work in the mines too, couldn't imagine anything else. The kids weren't very healthy either. It's somewhat better now.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 28, 2009, 07:21:11 PM
What did the violence accomplish?  By the way, I had a friend who did work in an impoverished" mine country" school for a good many years. Her problem was tr The parents didn't value education because they just figured their kids would go to work in the mines too, couldn't imagine anything else. The kids weren't very healthy either. It's somewhat better now.
They were right it doesn't do much good if the only way to make a living is mining.  As far as the violence, well when blood is shed to remove individuals that oppress them, then much is accomplished.   A man is responsible for his own future.  YOu can't expect people to put up with it forever before they take matters into their own hands

Diane Amberg

My computer keeps dropping words..I was trying to say truancy...don't know where it went.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 28, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
My computer keeps dropping words..I was trying to say truancy...don't know where it went.

Sounds like your computer has a .... truancy problem.  HAR HAR HAR   :laugh:
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk