Cop Tasers Girl for Resisting Bedtime

Started by Varmit, November 22, 2009, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Before folks start going off about how wrong it is to whip you kids.  Let me explain, I don't think that children should be beaten to the point of abuse.  I just don't think there is anything wrong with spanking a child when it is called for.  All this Dr. Spock, Dr. Phil, mamsy-pamsy approach to parenting has gotten out of hand.  It is not hard to look at most kids today and see that there is major room for impovement.  There is a serious discipline defict in this country today.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

It's called lack of raisin........Mom needs a responsibility wake-up call.

Lookatmeknow!!

Yes, I agree so with Pam on this.  The girl has been lead to believe that it is alright to throw the fits that she throws.  But also look at the girls situation.  Parents are divorsed.  Maybe the girl is acting out.  Not saying that is right, but she could be very hurt by what is going on with her family.  I have fit throwers in my group of 3 girls!  And I have, at times, wondered what to do.  But never did it cross my mind to call the police and make them handle it!  It's my responsiblity as a parent to teach them that its not exceptible to act that way!!  That is the problem with many parents today.  They don't see that they are raising young adults that need to be able to survive on their own.  I don't have perfect children by any means, and I except that!  If I get a call about something that they have done at school, I don't jump at the teacher and say, well they don't act that way at home or they wouldn't ever do that.  I usually know that they probably did do what the teacher said.  Its because I know my children!! ;D

I think the mother needs to take responsiblity as a parent and should have taken charge of the situation here!!  Plain and simple!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

Pam ya got me there for a minute with the raisin comment  ;D  I just wondered what fruit had to do with it.  ;D ;D ;D That whole thing was handled very badly, that's why it was newsworthy. I wonder if we'll ever hear the rest.

Patriot

There are lots of problems with this child and this family, to be sure.  But once the police are involved, there are some other questions that need to be examined.  For examply, did this cop never receive training on a thing called 'backup'.  Sheesh, only a fool would continue to engage alone when he/she was obviously unable to accomplish the task.  Why the hell didn't he get some backup?  Idiot!

My guess would be ego.  The 'I can handle this alone' mentality.  Seems it's not only the kid and family who need some training.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

A true case of police brutality.  That cop should be jailed for child abuse.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Mom70x7

Follow-up:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=9210360

(If you don't want to open the link: officer fired for not using camera while using Taser.)

Varmit

That is truly sad.  Forget the fact that he tasered a 10yr old little girl, but fire him for not using a camera.  And we teach our kids to look up to and trust cops.  Pathetic.

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk