Sad News

Started by Tobina+1, November 20, 2009, 05:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadine

Tobina,
Larry said it best, once you have lived in Elk County it stay within you.  My Dad was in the Air Force so I spent the first 17 years of my life moving and Dad retired in Howard back in 1975.  I was only there for my senior year (75-76) and then went off to college but always came back and visited.  It was not until I was much older that I realized what amazing communities are in Elk County.

My parents lived there for many years, well up until their deaths and my Aunt Betty and nephews still lives in Moline.  The area has my heart and I am always talking about wanting to move back.  Will I ever move back?  That I do not know but I know I will always go back and visit the community and will take photos at every opportunity I get of the local athlectic teams.

I do not know many of the folks in the Moline/Howard area anymore but I do recognize names that I remember my Mother talking about so that I is why I keep stopping by here, I can just hear my Mother saying, "Nandine did you hear Tonina is moving?"  She was the internet of Elk County for me back in the days when we did not even know what the internet was LOL.

Roma Jean Turner

My Dad's family came to Elk Co in 1871.  I only spent the first three years of my life in Elk Co and yet I have such an attachment to it.  Our roots evidently grow deep in Elk Co and never die.

Tobina+1

Well, we are officially moved into our new home!  Still have paths around boxes, but slowly unpacking!  Since I last posted, its been a flurry of activity and travel.  Chuck's mom came and spent a week with us over Thanksgiving.  We took her to the airport on Friday night, and Sunday at noon Chuck's dad arrived!  They left Tuesday to head to Salina for hunting, and my mom came later that day to help us pack.  It was some power-packing, and we finished on Friday and loaded up to head to NW KS so Chuck could hunt.  Chuck got his deer on Saturday and because of the storm, decided to head back to Howard.  I stayed with my parents that week (and my mom and I did some power internet shopping since we were snowed in).  The movers came on Thursday to load up.  My parents, Josey, and I headed to Salina to meet Chuck that day, and the movers unloaded on Friday.  We had a few days in the house to get stuff unpacked, and then I headed to Manhattan the next Wednesday to help get ready for my brother's wedding.  We got him married on Friday night, and I headed home Saturday night.  We were planning on going to my parents for Christmas either Wednesday or Thursday, but it looks like the weather will keep us home.  All my gifts were shipped to my mom's house, so we'll just have to enjoy our Josey gift on Christmas morning!

Our new address is:
306  27th Road
Brookville, KS  67425

Merry Christmas!

greatguns

Merry Christmas!  So what have you been doing in your spare time? ;D ;D

Jo McDonald

WOW   Roller Coaster Ride for sure --- So glad you have your wee one to keep you grounded. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS Enjoy all of God's blessings!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Mom70x7

What an exhausting-sounding time.  :D

Joanna

I think a lot of folks will stay home this year instead of traveling... You are right, enjoy what you have where you are and the rest will work itself out in time  :)

Roma Jean Turner

Have a Merry Christmas Tobina.  It sounds like being snowed in at home could give you guys a breather.

Diane Amberg

I was just thinking about you.Merry Christmas!

Warph

What GG, Jo, Mom, Joanna, Roma and Diane said.... and Merry Christmas, Tobina and family. 
Here is something you can do if snowed in.... deer jerky... mmmmm.... good venison.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk