Japanese Mortified By Obama's Bow

Started by Warph, November 18, 2009, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

If there's any "mangling" going on around here, it's you Anmar.

sixdogsmom

So Steve, you think that our preident should be the 'Ugly American'? It has always been correct to show respect to a leader in his own country by that countrys' protocol. Even if the gentleman was not an Emporer, the bow would have been correct as an acknowledgement of the mans' age. Good manners are correct no matter your station in life, and I am glad that our president knows how to use his manners. Do you think that Jefferson and Franklin didn't use court manners when wooing the French for aid? You've been in the boonies too long my friend; good manners and respect for other people has nothing to do with courage or manhood.
Edie

Anmar

Quote from: redcliffsw on November 19, 2009, 05:07:56 PM
If there's any "mangling" going on around here, it's you Anmar.

Do you know what mangle means?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

redcliffsw

Anmar

Quoteman⋅gle
1  /ˈmæŋgəl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [mang-guhl] Show IPA
Use mangle in a Sentence
See web results for mangle
See images of mangle
–verb (used with object), -gled, -gling.
1.    to injure severely, disfigure, or mutilate by cutting, slashing, or crushing: The coat sleeve was mangled in the gears of the machine.
2.    to spoil; ruin; mar badly: to mangle a text by careless typesetting.

In this case, the article was mangled in the sense that someone read it, and completely disfigured the meaning of the article for their own political gain.

Warph

Quote from: Anmar on November 19, 2009, 04:54:09 PM
The article says nothing about the japanese being upset.  That was just warph's mangled interpretation.  You should know better than to trust anything warph says by now.

Maybe you should be the one re-reading the article.

Steve.... you're right.  Mooncalf is too stupid to check the links and see it wasn't me that came up with the title to this thread or the article that followed.  He's only doing what he knows how to do and that is to bad mouth almost everything someone writes on this forum.  The kid thrives on this.... It's his addiction.... he lives on this forum..... I guess when you don't have any friends, what else can he do.  Mooncalf is one sick puppy!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on November 19, 2009, 05:10:21 PM
So Steve, you think that our preident should be the 'Ugly American'? It has always been correct to show respect to a leader in his own country by that countrys' protocol. Even if the gentleman was not an Emporer, the bow would have been correct as an acknowledgement of the mans' age. Good manners are correct no matter your station in life, and I am glad that our president knows how to use his manners. Do you think that Jefferson and Franklin didn't use court manners when wooing the French for aid? You've been in the boonies too long my friend; good manners and respect for other people has nothing to do with courage or manhood.

Manners would have been upheld with a handshake.  As the president, the leader of a nation you never subject yourself to another leader. The only people tht the president answer to is Americans.
This was no bow of manners. The man was prostrate.  he was in a submissive position.  
Sorry but his manners we can do without!  
Franklin, and jefferson didn't bow to any leader.  We are Americans, not subjects of another empire.  We don't bow to anyone!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

Quote from: Warph on November 19, 2009, 06:10:04 PM

Steve.... you're right.  Mooncalf is too stupid to check the links and see it wasn't me that came up with the title to this thread or the article that followed.  He's only doing what he knows how to do and that is to bad mouth almost everything someone writes on this forum.  The kid thrives on this.... It's his addiction.... he lives on this forum..... I guess when you don't have any friends, what else can he do.  Mooncalf is one sick puppy!

says the guy who doubles my post count, posts every single day, and is the most aggressibe name-caller on these forums.  Hypocrit much?

Sarah

I can't remember where I read it, but I read that the Japanese were embarrassed enough by Obama's bow that they're cutting the picture out of their articles and not even displaying it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk