The large flea market

Started by Sarah, November 14, 2009, 04:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

There's a significant amount of junk, yes, but there are also some real find out there...The key is getting there early.  The flea market is held out in the pavilion buildings.  You'll enjoy yourself.  ;D

Sarah

Quote from: Catwoman on November 15, 2009, 05:56:32 PM
There's a significant amount of junk, yes, but there are also some real find out there...The key is getting there early.  The flea market is held out in the pavilion buildings.  You'll enjoy yourself.  ;D

Is it every Sunday out there? 

larryJ

Mom, (cuz), I was given the opportuntity to "go airborne" at the completion of my basic training.  I had a choice of staying for two and one half weeks of airborne training or going home on leave and getting married.  Shoud've stayed for the airborne training.  A good friend of mine who was a lifer once chastised another co-worker who was a former paratrooper by saying, "who in their right mind would jump out of a perfectly good airplane."

I didn't then and will never try skydiving.  I had enough thrills riding on medevac choppers.  That was good enough for me. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

Larry,
I think you are a wise man but getting a ride on a Dust-Off was pretty neat. Gave me 3 days out of the bush so it was worth the ride. :)

larryJ

Jarhead, you are talking limo rides!!!  I was in "pickups" with no doors and no seat belts.  I was bracing stretchers against the bulkheads with my feet and hanging on with both hands.  I didn't do it much, but once was once too much.  Most of it was practice, too.  I also had the chance of becoming one of those helo jockeys, but turned that down too.  It would have cost me another year of my life, and everyone knows the lifespan of a eggbeater operator in Vietnam, one step below the lifespan of a medic.  Another possible bad decision, in retrospect.  I see all the choppers flying the skies of LA and think I could have been one of those.  Oh well, water under the bridge!!  I remain grounded and safe and happy and alive.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Did you haul fleas? have fleas? or how did that get on here? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Catwoman

Quote from: Sarah on November 15, 2009, 05:59:19 PM
Is it every Sunday out there? 

It's held once a month...You can get a schedule for them at any of the antique malls, such as the one in Andover, or you can go to the big flea market on Pawnee and they'll have the schedules there...Enjoy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk