HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY and a big THANK YOU!!!!

Started by patyrn, November 11, 2009, 08:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

To all who have served and those who are on active duty in the United States military, Happy Veteran's Day and a big THANK YOU for giving of yourselves so that we may cherish the freedoms of living in a free land.  THANK YOU today and every day!

Judy Harder

Yes, Bless all of you who served your hitch and kept our land safe.
God bless America!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Lookatmeknow!!

This is a special day for all to celebrate the people who protect and serve this wonderful USA!!  Happy Veteran's Day!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

larryJ

I, being a veteran, would acknowledge your good wishes and say you are welcome.  It is nice to be though of is such a nice way.

HOWEVER, ths holiday is the one holiday that I do not like, do not celebrate, can't stand, and it ticks me off!  Why?  You ask.

In all the years I worked to support my family, from the time I came out of the service until I retired, I never had the day off for Veteran's Day unless it happen to fall on my day off.  I never got paid extra for working on Veteran's day as I did for other holidays. 

As if this is not bad enough, my wife, my daughter, my son-in-law, my sister-in-law, my brother-in-law, and millions of others in this great country will have the day off----------with pay-------------------and--------------------

THEY ARE NOT VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, while I thank you for your kind wishes and tell you that the sacrifice I made in my personal life was my duty, I will not celebrate or acknowledge this holiday.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Thanks just the same, it's the thought that counts isn't it? Our vets here are getting free meals at local restaurants, desserts dropped off here and there. We do try. The flags are out, even though its been raining off and on. What else can we do besides make it another mandatory holiday, which wouldn't suit some people either?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk