Christmas

Started by Jo McDonald, November 09, 2009, 02:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Wilma and Anmar, you are both so compeletly wrong.  Their is not a single thing or symbol related to Christmas that is not related to God.  Afterall, He made all things and His glory can be found in all things. 

Look at the tree for example, His glory is expressed in that each one is an individual.  His grace can be found in the cross, which was made from wood, which comes from trees. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

They are not wrong.......and neither are you. I realize I am just settin myself up for yall one more time BUT...what the hell...no guts..............I actually KNOW some about this subject.

Christianity DOES have pagan DNA.........The same God that you say those symbols relate to for Christmas is the same God that related to them when they were "pagan" By the way the word pagan originally meant rural people.........I have learned about this....every Christian holiday, holy day etc. coincides with an earlier "pagan" holy day or at least probly 80% of them do.
  Some people say it was a sneaky way to ease conquered people into the Christian faith.....I don't know for sure since I wasn't alive back then :P
  I put up a tree, I decorate with evergreens, I hang mistletoe, I have a creche, I put a star on top of my tree to symbolize the Christmas star, I celebrate Jesus AND I give a nod to my ancestors at the same time.
  Now I hope you read this whole thing and at least TRY to understand where I'm comin from. Where I'm comin from is it don't matter....It's Christmas.

sixdogsmom

Amen Pam, and this certainly isn't anything to be arguing about. I would rather discuss the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin. Traditions are just that, traditions. How we celebrate that time of year has nothing to do where it came from, but is about where it is going.  ;)
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk