anyone know this family

Started by TWV, November 09, 2009, 11:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWV

Anyone know this family? My wife painted this of a family taht was riding in the parade on Memorial Day weekend in 2000.
She used her artistic license to paint a background of Landscape rather than Downtown Howard.

Jo McDonald

That is Gary Hebb and his family - from Howard
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

patyrn

Jo,

The front man probably would be Gary Hebb, but who would be the little girls in 2000?   Gary is so big that I would think an artist would emphasize his size, so maybe this is someone else.  The little girls are probably the true clue if anyone could speculate on who they are.   Nine years ago would make these girls probably teenagers now.   The man in the back looks like Hal Harrod with possibly one of his grandsons.

Jo McDonald

The little girl is Barry Hebb's darling little girl.  Barry is Gary and Rita's son.  The little cowgirl won first place in the parade for horse and rider.

patyrn

Ava (Barry's daughter) was born in 2005, so it couldn't have been her if the 2000 date is correct. 

Lookatmeknow!!

The little blond looks familiar.  But for the life of me can't place them. 
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Marcia Moore

I don't remember Howard ever having a parade on Memorial Day weekend.  Could the photo have possibly been taken in another town on Memorial Day weekend, or was it taken during the Howard Fair parade?  Also, could this maybe be Randy Young?  -- Tim

Jo McDonald

well- silly me - I did not pay any attention to the date of the painting.... DUH ! 
The Hebb family was in the festival parade this year and the little girl that won was Barry"s daughter, according to Zack Mast.
I don't remember Howard EVER having a parade at Memorial time.

patyrn

You're right--we don't have parades in Howard on Memorial Day weekend,  but it was probably the Fall Festival Parade or Fair Parade.  I am certain the one male rider is Hal Harrod, making me think it was in Howard.

That's okay, Jo.  I just happen to have extended family genealogy on my computer and could look up Ava's age.  She was a beautiful little cowgirl this year--I loved the "pageant wave" that seemed so natural to her already at such a young age. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk