UNEMPLOYMENT

Started by Wilma, November 06, 2009, 10:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Next question:  The Elk County unemployment rate is the highest in the state.  Are these unemployed people living in Elk County because they are unemployed or are they unemployed because they are living in Elk County?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on November 06, 2009, 01:12:39 PM
Next question:  The Elk County unemployment rate is the highest in the state.  Are these unemployed people living in Elk County because they are unemployed or are they unemployed because they are living in Elk County?

Now that's a darned fine question!  Could it be that geographical economics are limiting our choices of where to live?  Could it be that government largess, expansion and mismanagement are imposing limiting factors on our some of our freedoms?

Personally, I doubt that people become unemployed and choose to move to Elk County.  At least I hope not.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on November 06, 2009, 01:12:39 PM
Looks like a little of both.  A friend talked to a bondsman today and he said that most of the folks he's making bail for is shoplifting groceries.   The economy is bad and getting worse.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Actually what I am pointing out is that the unemployment rate is not an accurate measure of our economy.  Too much is left out.  The rate might be so high in Elk county because the unemployed comes home where it is easier to live while the unemployed who are already living here are staying here.  Besides there are the people for whom unemployment has run out and they are still unemployed.  How are they counted?  I don't know how the rate could be better figured, but I know that it is not accurate.  So I am just going to disregard it as far as deciding how well off an area is.  I would say that the high unemployment rate reported in Elk County only means that it is nice place to be when you are having problems.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on November 06, 2009, 01:37:10 PM
Actually what I am pointing out is that the unemployment rate is not an accurate measure of our economy.  Too much is left out.  The rate might be so high in Elk county because the unemployed comes home where it is easier to live while the unemployed who are already living here are staying here.  Besides there are the people for whom unemployment has run out and they are still unemployed.  How are they counted?  I don't know how the rate could be better figured, but I know that it is not accurate.  So I am just going to disregard it as far as deciding how well off an area is.  I would say that the high unemployment rate reported in Elk County only means that it is nice place to be when you are having problems.

Wow.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk