WEST ELK VOTERS SAY A FIRM "NO" ON TUESDAY

Started by Rudy Taylor, November 03, 2009, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Pretty sound advice.  Those who use the school system pay for it.  
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

momof 2boys

The next meeting is Monday NIGHT, Nov. 9th,  at 7:30 P.M..  I work everyday too, but have made it a priority to get there and get the information.  You can even come in by 8:00 P.M.and be there in time to get info.

This post is meant to be informative, not offensive!

Varmit

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

momof 2boys

West Elk District Office, Highway 99, Howard, Kansas

D Whetstone

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 09:46:48 PM
You know, quite honestly, whoever came up with the idea of the 5.5million dollar bond didn't do their homework.  According to the Kansas Dept. of Labor, as of Sept. 2009, there are 1,010 working individuals in Elk county.  In order to payback that bond each individual would have to pay roughly $5400.  So for a two income family thats $10,800. before interest.  Seems a little steep to me.  I know that there are maintance and structure fatigue issues with some of our schools, however has anyone asked for donations from the parents that send their kids to these schools?  And maybe its just me but I haven't seen to many fundraising activities to help raise money for repairs.  

Are you really serious?  You obviously don't understand the process by which bonds are sold and paid back to finance the construction of a school.  It has nothing to do with the population of working men and women. Please read back through the "Convince Me" and "School Changes" threads. There is plenty of explanation.  

The kids are selling tacos and enchilladas right now. I will suggest to the board that we repair the high school w/ soft taco funds. Give me break!

David

Sarah

Probably can't fix it with tacos, but to those that the rise in taxes were no big deal, then why don't they take that money that they would have been paying had it passed and pay that money directly to the school district?  

Patriot

I have no problem with a 'civic responsibility' for all citizens to help promote and finance the education of our children, but there are limits to everything.  I keep seeing how this school district has been struggling with these issues for years to no avail.  That seems to be a case of poor management somewhere along the path.  Perhaps these 'hard' decisions should have been made in better times, no?

I also see that this district (the one with a shrinking enrollment) has placed a high enough priority on extra curricular sports activities that they keep the district in leagues that require students be bussed for hours on end to attend games at the far end of the state.  I have to wonder if money might be well spent to pay an outside efficiency/management expert to evaluate the entire operation and determine where cost savings could be found, if any.

It's really easy to spend OPM (Other Peoples Money)... it takes a tough makeup to spend it wisely and with frugality.

But, I could be wrong.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

No Sir, you give me a break! David.  Just where do you think the money is going to come from to pay for that new school?  Because it sure as hell isn't just going to appear out of nowhere.  Taxes will go up.  Working men and women would, you know, the ones who pay taxes, would have to pay for it.  But I guess the bond is a moot point, seeing as how it didn't pass.

Quote from: Sarah on November 03, 2009, 10:00:12 PM
Probably can't fix it with tacos, but to those that the rise in taxes were no big deal, then why don't they take that money that they would have been paying had it passed and pay that money directly to the school district? 

good idea.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

greatguns

Steve, what is your rant about.  You neither live in the school district or Elk county.  Get over it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk