WEST ELK VOTERS SAY A FIRM "NO" ON TUESDAY

Started by Rudy Taylor, November 03, 2009, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on November 06, 2009, 11:44:51 PM
sheesh, i thought the politics forum was heated.

ADP makes a lot of good points.  Especially about Walmart.  Its not a solution, its a big problem.  And its funny to see a "conservative" backing a company that sends so much of our american dollars over to China.
My use of walmart was an example of a tax revenue source.  People in elk, greenwood, go to walmart. THey drive right now 40 miles to the one in Augusta or el dorado and i suppose independence has one also.
The tax money is leaving the counties and being spent in other counties.
Its simple as that. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

okiemon

Howard kids have been taking the same bus ride I am asking your kid to ride to school for 37 years.  I fail to see your point. What burden?  If it is a burden we are bearing it currently.

Moilne and Severy kids have done the same for 37 years. With a school in Howard the Howard kids will no longer have that long bus ride.

The potential to have an accident on a school bus in greater with every mile they are on it.                                                                                So why should my kids have to take all the risk?

Your kid at the 12 miles away could possibly be at school in 25-30 minutes.
I don't think the buses go any farther east then our house. If she picks up very many kids after mine, she will never make it to Howard in less than an hour.

greatguns

I thought some Howard kids ride the school bus.  Is that not correct?

Wilma

Howard grade school kids have been riding a school bus to Severy or Moline since the very early 70's.  Severy and Moline high school kids have been riding the bus (if they don't get to drive a car) to Howard for the same length of time.  I thought it was about time that someone brought up that what Severy and Moline kids might be asked to do is only what Howard kids have been doing for so long.  Whose turn do you think it is now?   

heather_tyler_2014

Quote from: okiemon on November 06, 2009, 11:59:32 PM
I never said anything about the safety of my children while on the bus. As a matter of fact I don't recall even hearing about anybody being injured on one of our buses.
If they move the grade school to Howard everybody but the Howard kids will spend hours on the bus. My high school daughter gets on the bus at 6:35 and gets back home at 5. Let call that 2 hours a day though its closer to 3. My granddaughter will start school soon and if she has to go to Howard kindergarten though 12th grade she will spend 6.5 months on the bus. Why shouldn't Howard kids share that burden?

Why should Howard kids have to share that Burden? It's not our fault where we live at, and it's definitely not your fault either! But honestly, what do the bus ride have to do with the kids? Are they getting to school and getting an education. I would sure hope so. I honestly think that is what we should we worrying about: Are the kids getting an education? And for FYI: yes, I ride the bus every day!  ::)
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Mom70x7

QuoteAre they getting to school and getting an education. I would sure hope so. I honestly think that is what we should we worrying about: Are the kids getting an education?

You go, girl!  :D

greatguns

Catwoman

OK, People...I leave the Forum for one week...Due to heavy needs at the school...And this is what I walk back into...I can see it was the wrong week to be gone.

First of all...Clean up the language.  I've read through this now, twice, top to bottom.  Blue language is not appropriate, under any circumstances.  If I see any more, I'll notify Teresa that we have a need to block persons from being on here.  This is indeed a family site and should be treated as such.

Secondly...Stick to the topic at hand.  If I were to selectively delete posts that weren't related to this topic, we've have 9 pages of posts instead of the present 20.

Thirdly...And I say this, having dedicated many years to the public in Elk County and having paid taxes in Elk County and having had children in the Elk County public schools...The vote was cast.  Get over it.  You've got a long, arduous road ahead of you, now that you've made the choice to not build a central building in Howard.  I would predict, probably with some accuracy, that you've just voted in a situation where you're going to have to deal with the RIFing of teachers (Reduction in Force...Doesn't matter if the teacher is tenured...If the position is deleted, out goes the teacher, regardless) and related staff.  Instead of creating jobs, you've just taken action to reduce not only the level of the work force but to reduce the resulting taxes that were taken from their paychecks...And believe me...That amount is considerable.  You are all in for a hard road ahead...And it will only be made harder by those of you who choose to argue incessantly rather than shut up and do the hard work needed to keep things moving ahead.

Lastly...Play nice, please?

Catwoman

larryJ

Welcome back, Cat--------------------missed you.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Catwoman

Hey, Larry... ;D...Things at school are rolling into high gear...It's that time of year...Very little discretionary time left in the day.  I've missed being here, too...And getting to read your "wry" comments.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk