From Brody Hurt Mom..........

Started by Teresa, November 03, 2009, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

November 3rd.
It's here, a whole year since I got to hold and kiss my baby. Actually yesterday had it's moments too...it was our last entire day with our BRODY. To me, it seems impossible that it has been a year, because I work through each day, one at a time. I do go longer stretches of time without that gut wretching, can't get out of bed sadness but when it does come it seems even worse. Selfishly, what I seem to miss the most is how much he loved me. He would call for me when he need something, he loved to tickle me and he loved to tease me along with Shawn. I still remember when he was born and he was crying and I didn't even hold him, I just talked to him and he quit crying. He knew my voice, he knew me before he could breath air.
We are doing okay, really. We have friends and family that support us through everything, who keep us busy and let us vent when we need it. We also have Kylie. On a lighter note, we are making up for all the attention we did not give her while we were separated from her in NY.  She is maturing and is so smart, she is on the math team at school. She still says she wants to be a 3F8 nurse. I really admire that. She knows what pain and sickness cancer patients endure and yet she wants to do that.
Brody's memorial park is coming along. The weather and our schedules did not work well this spring and summer and we are not finished but it is well on it's way. We are so thankful for all the gifts from everyone to finance the park and for all the help and labor everyone has put into it. Truly, it could not happen without each and everyone of you.
We think of each of your friends that we met during treatment frequently. We aren't in touch alot but please know we keep up and we pray for you.
Today I ask each of you to say a prayer for the staff at Memorial Sloan Kettering, the children who have cancer and their families, the pediatric staff at Via Christi St Francis, and Dr. Rosen and his wonderful staff.  Lastly, please say a prayer for my wonderful friend, Dick Eastman who was just diagnosed with cancer. His daughter is my best friend from childhood.

I will close with a message to BRODY:
We love you so much. I can't begin to put into words. We miss you so much. I would have done anything to keep you here with me. I know that you are better than great there in heaven and that you are watching out for all of us. Enjoy yourself while you wait for us.
I love you, Mom.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Roma Jean Turner

I read this on the Caring Bridge site.  Teary eyed of course.  I do appreciate her continuing to communicate and sharing her feelings.  I know I think about them a lot, as I know everyone else does.

Nadine

Teresa,
Thank you for sharing.

Nadine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk