Carbon Regulatory Offset Committee Public Service Announcement

Started by flintauqua, November 02, 2009, 09:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: ADP on November 07, 2009, 09:33:16 AM
Goats.  Chickens. Cows.  lawn mower. Weed eater. hoe. 

It would be fun to watch a guy with a hoe in a 350 acre corn field. Show me your 250bushel organic corn. I want to see the dry land wheat with wide spaces rows planted with out any seed inoculate.  The fields would be so pretty with all the spring growth.
Burning kills off the seed, plant the rows so that you can go down the rows with a tiller of some sort and you control it easily that way.  But planting cover crops in the winter helps control it too as well as fertilizes the soil naturally.

srkruzich

Quote from: ADP on November 07, 2009, 09:33:16 AM
Goats.  Chickens. Cows.  lawn mower. Weed eater. hoe. 

It would be fun to watch a guy with a hoe in a 350 acre corn field. Show me your 250bushel organic corn. I want to see the dry land wheat with wide spaces rows planted with out any seed inoculate.  The fields would be so pretty with all the spring growth.
Guess what, its being done on a LARGE scale. More than 350 acres. Try looking at seedexchange. they grow organic seed for sale. So if they can do it everyone can do it.

greatguns

Burn it.  I'd sure hate to see someone burn their house down.

srkruzich

Quote from: greatguns on November 07, 2009, 09:50:26 AM
Burn it.  I'd sure hate to see someone burn their house down.

Well don't worry about it ok!  You might want to consider getting some help for your obsession over monitoring everything i do though.  That isn't healthy you know.

larryJ

It is interesting to read about burning off a field.  I remember that from the days that I lived in areas where that was a standard practice and I think I remember a story of someone actually burning their house down when a fire got out of control.  In an area such as Elk County, this practice is acceptable as it is a wide open area and the smoke dissipates rapidly and causes no harm.  In SoCal, you would probably be heavily fined if your house caught on fire and the smoke got into the atmosphere! ;)

I remember a story from years back about a guy who built a house on a hill above the roadway and other houses.  During a torrential rainstorm, the hill gave way and his house slid across the road into another house.  Not only did he lose his house, the neighbor sued him for destruction of private property and the county sent him a bill for clearing and repairing the road.  He, in turn, sued the contractor and architect, as well as the geologist who all assured him that building the house where he did was totally safe.  I never did hear the end of that story.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

srkruzich

Quote from: larryJ on November 07, 2009, 10:28:44 AM
It is interesting to read about burning off a field.  I remember that from the days that I lived in areas where that was a standard practice and I think I remember a story of someone actually burning their house down when a fire got out of control.  In an area such as Elk County, this practice is acceptable as it is a wide open area and the smoke dissipates rapidly and causes no harm.  In SoCal, you would probably be heavily fined if your house caught on fire and the smoke got into the atmosphere! ;)

I remember a story from years back about a guy who built a house on a hill above the roadway and other houses.  During a torrential rainstorm, the hill gave way and his house slid across the road into another house.  Not only did he lose his house, the neighbor sued him for destruction of private property and the county sent him a bill for clearing and repairing the road.  He, in turn, sued the contractor and architect, as well as the geologist who all assured him that building the house where he did was totally safe.  I never did hear the end of that story.

Larryj
yeah we burn off fields and all every year.  The garden has johnson grass in it but i am unable to get a mower into it and i am not physically able to toss a slingblade to knock it down.   But i figure all i have to do is wait til it snows and burn it and the snow will keep it under control.   Not a biggie.  Now if someone around here with a bush hog wants to volenteer to come knock it down, i would welcome any help someone wants to offer.  But again, i don't expect that to happen so no biggie. 
I'll get it down when its safe to do so.

Diane Amberg

Don't the goats eat it? If not, get the creeper to come eat it. It's  vegetarian and loves that kind of thing. ;D

sixdogsmom

I was told with good authority that the only thing that would kill Johnson grass is Bindweed!  ;D ;D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk