RIGGS, Bettie Jane (Bunyard) - b. November 30, 1923 - d. October 31, 2009

Started by patyrn, November 02, 2009, 04:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Bettie Jane (Bunyard) Riggs, 85, of Arlington, Washington, formerly of Belle Plaine, Kansas, passed away on Saturday, October 31, 2009.  She was born to Harvey and Viola Bunyard on November 30, 1923 in Fall River, Kansas.

Bettie is survived by her daughter, Gerri Riggs Hatfield and son-in-law David Hatfield of Arlington, Washington; grandchildren Jeff Hatfield of Arlington, Washington, Jared and Kelly Hatfield of Stanwood, Washington, and Jan Hatfield Fleck of Stanwood, Washington; great-grandchildren, Lilly and Elijah Fleck of Stanwood, Washington; brothers, Buck and Paul Bunyard, both of Eureka, Kansas; and sister, Ruby Robert of Severy, Kansas.

She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband of 48 years, Virgil E. Riggs; one grandson, Jason Hatfield; two sisters, Virginia Hemry and Mary Burt;  and five brothers, George Bunyard, Bob Bunyard, Bill Bunyard, Lee Bunyard, and David Bunyard.

Graveside funeral services will be held Friday, November 6, 2009 at 10:30 a.m. at South Lawn Cemetery in Severy, Kansas.  Online condolences may be left for the family at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

frawin

I'm sorry to hear of Bettie's passing.  I worked with her after school during a lot of my high school years.  She was a hard worker and fun to be around.  My sympathy and prayers to her family.
Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk