Inside or Outside?

Started by Wilma, November 01, 2009, 08:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

You gentlemen will find this boring but it is a legitimate question for people who make beds.

Does the open end of the pillowcase go towards the outside edge of the bed or towards the middle of the bed?  I never questioned this as anyone can see that it should go to the outside edge, then I heard a difference of opinion.  I guess there are some uninformed people out there that don't know which way to turn their pillows.  What do you think?

W. Gray

Sounds like this question is on par with the old observation as to which way to hang toilet paper from the dispenser. 

When it is my turn to make the bed, I just throw 'em up there. ;D  Never give it a thought.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Rudy Taylor

Oh, the open end goes to the inside.

It's biblical ... or Republican ... or something.

But it's gotta be that way, for sure.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

larryJ

This is a toughie.  Maybe we should ask Martha Stewart.  Actually, I place the open edge to the outside as it is generally enclosed in a lacy or otherwise decorative manner and should be where it can be noticed.  Which begs the question-----------if there is a coverlet or bedspread covering the pillow, what difference does it make?

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

greatguns

Anyway you want to.  It is your right! ;D ;D ;D  Mine go to the outside 'cause Mama said so and I didn't have any rights when she taught me how to make the bed.  Seriously, the main thing is to get it made.

Dee Gee

Why bother, you just to mess it up again that night.  :laugh: :laugh:
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

W. Gray

The wife just said that Martha Stewart (who likes to sell shares most anytime she can) says the pillowcase opening end should go on the outside.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

greatguns

If Mama and Martha say it, it must be so! ;)

Teresa

I put the ends to the out so that the other end of the other persons pillow doesn't flap me in the face if I choose to turn over and sleep with my face to the inside of the bed where the edge of the pillow of the other person is. *whew*..................

Toilet paper has to have the edge over the top so you don't set there clawing at the paper trying to find the end to get the roll started so you can tear off some. *another whew*........................

;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I learned out side and over the top, but next time I think I'll do it the other way just to stay in the middle. ;D ;D ;D ;D really, who cares?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk