Social Security in 2010

Started by sixdogsmom, October 29, 2009, 09:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I understand that we will not receive an increase in Social Security this year because the cost of living is supposed to be less than previous years. I understand that we will have a rise in premium for Medicare this year, but nobody has mentioned the rise in Part D of Medicare. I just got the paperwork from my insurance company saying that my prescription premiums ($30.00) will remain the same next year, but the single prescription that I use each month will go up in price from $26.00 to $45.00 for my part of the payment. Ouch! That is like doubling my cost for a single prescription! I do not know how much part 'A' and part 'B' will be increased. Anybody?
Edie

W. Gray

There is no charge for Part A to begin with.

Part B will not increase for most people.

Part B will raise from $96.10 if:

You do not withhold Part B from your social security payment.

Pay a higher Part B premium based on your income.

Are a new enrollee in Part B.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

srkruzich

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 29, 2009, 09:06:11 PM
I understand that we will not receive an increase in Social Security this year because the cost of living is supposed to be less than previous years. I understand that we will have a rise in premium for Medicare this year, but nobody has mentioned the rise in Part D of Medicare. I just got the paperwork from my insurance company saying that my prescription premiums ($30.00) will remain the same next year, but the single prescription that I use each month will go up in price from $26.00 to $45.00 for my part of the payment. Ouch! That is like doubling my cost for a single prescription! I do not know how much part 'A' and part 'B' will be increased. Anybody?
My part D premiums went up 250 dollars.  And I can't buy all my prescriptions now as it is.  Guess i'm not supposed to eat next year.

So much for that ole line the democrats gave us all these years about republicans taking away our medicare and social security.   Funny too, the republicans never cut social security or medicare!

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: W. Gray on October 30, 2009, 08:33:23 AM

There is no charge for Part A to begin with.

Part B will not increase for most people.

Part B will raise from $96.10 if:
Part B is going up to 110 a month this next year. so yeah its being increased.
And i have NO income.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Roma Jean Turner

I enrolled in the Human PPO Advantage plan this year at 15.00 per month.  I was stunned to find out yesterday that it is going up to 47.50 per month.  Guess I will be shopping around between now and the end of the year to see if I can do better.  You know we expect a little raise in rates, but this is a leap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk