The "Obama Phone??"

Started by Teresa, October 28, 2009, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I received this from a freind......................

I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job, and at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone number. I asked the former employee if this was a new cell phone number and he told me yes this was his "Obama phone."
I asked him what an "Obama phone" was and he went on to say that welfare recipients are now eligible to receive (1) a FREE new phone and (2) approx 70 minutes of FREE minutes every month.

I was a little skeptical so I Googled it and low and behold he was telling the truth. TAX PAYER MONEY IS BEING REDISTRIBUTED TO WELFARE RECIPIENTS FOR FREE CELL PHONES.

This program was started earlier this year. Enough is enough, the ship is sinking and it's sinking fast.

The very foundations that this country was built on are being shaken. The age old concepts of God, family, and hard work have flown out the window and are being replaced with "Hope and Change" and "Change we can believe in." You can click on the link below to read more about the "Obama phone"...just have a barf bag ready.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Anmar

It's a state program, not federal.  Not sure how this gets called the Obama phone.  The article i read says its not available in Kansas and i know we don't have this in california.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

pamsback

I believe it was intended for the purpose the guy was using it for...as a job finding help to get people OFF welfare.

I'd rather spend tax money on that than paying Taliban to "switch sides" and "fight for the US". They'll switch sides just long enough to get the ink dry and the check cashed.

Varmit

As if giving these freeloaders a check for not working wasn't enough, now we have to give them a freakin phone too? 

Heres an idea, these people need a job, right?  Our military needs people.  Why not place these folks in non-combat roles and free up more of our military personnel to serve in combat positions.  Help lower the numbers on welfare and grow our military. 

As a side note, I would rather see tax dollars being spent not to intice our enemies, but to destroy them.  Not just them but their homes, families, crops, dogs, cats, farm animals, everything.  They want to take that stance against us, lets take the same stance against them.  The difference being that we have not only the technology to do it but the means to deploy it. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

jarhead

Aw come on Varmit, not the dogs. I like dogs !!! Glad to see you're finally back. I need my "Varmit Fix" once in awhile to keep my sanity. :)

larryJ

R.A.M.B.O. says definitely not the dogs, and maybe not even some cats as he has lots of friends around the neighborhood who are cats and he lives with one who tolerates him.

Larryj (and R.A.M.B.O.)
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Varmit

Sorry, but the dogs gotta go to.  I have no use for a canine that would serve a master who thinks the towel on his head is an accessory for the dress he is wearing. 

The cats we can keep.  My dog likes cats.... usually as a side dish  ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

jarhead

I like cats too---when they are on a stick on a Chinese food buffet. :)

Teresa

You guys are horrible.  ( cat on a stick~~ LOL)
Leave the animals alone..  :police:
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

If there really are enough "appropriate" people to grow the military from welfare roles, I'd be all for it. But are there really enough mentally stable and physically able people?  I'ts still tax money being spent. Would they have a "term" of duty and then be dumped out? How many jobless are already Vets looking for work? Take them First?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk