Commercials you Love/Hate

Started by Tobina+1, October 14, 2009, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

That, Tobina, and R.A.M.B.O. crowded next to me in my chair this morning reminds me of the Taco Bell Chihuahua commercials.  That dog just passed away recently.  The dog was female, but they used a male voice over for the commercials. 

"Yo Quiero Taco Bell"

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Tobina+1

Larryj; I know you've spoke fondly of R.A.M.B.O (not Rambo) in other posts lately, so I was wondering what that stood for?

larryJ

Well, the name "Rambo" was a funny suggestion to name the 5 pound dog some sort of big ferocious or intimidating name.  What the problem is that there are many who have never heard of the movie, Rambo, with Sylvester Stallone being the all-around indestructible tough guy.  After a few times, "Rambo" didn't look impressive enough in print, so it was revised to "R.A.M.B.O." to make it sound more menacing.  My son and I are working on coming up with words to match the acronym.

Currently, R.A.M.B.O. stands for "Rough And Mean Biting Object", but we are open to other suggestions.  Maybe we should have a contest to see who can come up with words to match the acronym.

Larryj

Diane Amberg

How about Republican Animal Menacing to Barrack Obama? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D It's a joke folks....don't E-Mail me!

larryJ

Well, as far as I know, R.A.M.B.O. has no poliical affiliations whatsoever.  At least, he has not mentioned anything to me about it.  He is content to have his chew toys, a backyard to run around in, three solid squares a day (at least until he is 1 year old and then it goes to two times a day), and a comfy place to sleep at night.  When he arises in the morning he is impatient for me to get my coffee and settle in my chair so he may lay beside me with a blanket or the snuggie when it is cool.  So, for now I think we will leave any party affiliations out of his name.  But, thanks for playing!

Larryj

flo

>:( the commercials I really hate right now are the stores that are advertising Christmas when Halloween and Thanksgiving are not even here yet.  Think they started right after Labor Day.  >:(  There are a lot of cute commercials but I suppose my favorite has got to be the geico who put the $1 bill into the vending machine.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

lola330

Love the talking baby commercials.    :laugh:

indygal

Haven't really watched TV in almost 2 years, but I did like the Sonic commercials, and the incredible spong monkeys on the Quizno's commercials. And the CareerBuilder.com ads with the chimps.

larryJ

How do you not watch TV for two years?  I can go most of the day without turning it on, but I like the shows at night and the news occasionally.

For you R.A.M.B.O. fans, his day was busy having to go to the Vet for a checkup.  The vet determined he was now old enough to get his rabies shot and other puppy shot that he needed.  He will not have to go back for a year for a checkup.  One more week and we can start leash training in a serious manner.  Three weeks ago, when he got a shot, he was in a pretty sour mood all day, but seemed to tolerate today's shot okay.  At least, he was happy enough to play fetch during the coffee hour tonight.

He asked me to express his thanks to all his fans, (even you, Billy) for your interest in his well-being. 

Larryj (and R.A.M.B.O.)

indygal

Larry, when Hubby and I moved to Howard we chose to not have cable/dish due to finances and have never tried to get TV reception with just an antenna. I know that when I lived in Chanute without cable TV, the reception wasn't great, so I imagine it's even worse here. So....we get all our info and entertainment (news, some TV shows, some movies, etc.) on the internet. So far it's working out fine. We watch what we want when we want, and we don't have to sit through annoying commercials.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk