A little advice, please

Started by Joanna, September 29, 2006, 07:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

We are finally gearing up to move, and I need to check on utilities and such.  I know water/gas/sewer is with the City, and electric is Westar.  Can you tell me what is available for TV and Internet?  I'd appreciate any help.  We're planning to move the first of November.

Wilma

SKT is our cable and I think most of us use it for the internet, also.  Their contact number is 1-888-758-8976.  Where bouts is the house you are moving into.  Isn't that a lovely way of ending a sentence with a preposition?  Is that spelled right?  It doesn't look right.

Joanna

Thanks Wilma.  I'm really missing "spell check" on this forum myself.  You'd think as high-fa-lutin' as this website is, it'd have a button for that  :laugh:

The house we're moving to is on the west end of Randolph.  Marty's grandparents lived there when he was growing up, so it has lots of great memories for him.  It needs tons of work (understatement), but with my 'baby' off to college this year, I need something besides the internet to keep me busy.  I have great plans and a new pair of leather gloves, so I'm ready to dig right in.  Now if they'd just teach me to run that bulldozer... 

Marty will still be driving to work in Fredonia, I'll be lots closer to my folks in Eureka; and our kids will come visit so they can hunt & fish and play on the farm.  That's the grand plan anyway.

Wilma

I am at Walnut and Jefferson, the newly painted house with the new ramp in front.  Have owned the place since 2002, but didn't get moved until last summer.

I know about fixing up old houses.  We were always working on the house in Severy where we lived.  You have something to do for the rest of your life.

genealogynut

Joanna,  I have childhood memories of that neighborhood.  My grandmother used to live right across the street.  The house has since been added on to, and does not look much like my grandmother's former home.  I can vaguely remember the names of Donnie and Sandra.  Are they cousins of Marty?

Joanna

Yes!  Don & Sandy are Uncle Jack & Aunt Lulu's kids.  They all live in Bella Vista Arkansas now.  I'll mention that you asked next time I talk to any of them.

Janet Harrington

Joanna,

Is whats her face moving?  Ruthie????  I hadn't heard anything about her moving.  Is Marty just working at the bank at Fredonia or does he still go to Iola or Humboldt, I can't remember where you guys live?

Joanna

Yep Janet, Ruthie is moving.  She hopes to be able to move by the end of October (and we hope so too!)

Marty works at the CNB in Fredonia full time for over a year now.  We'll be moving from Humboldt to Howard and it will cut down on the weekend trips to the farm even though his drive to work will be about the same.

Janet Harrington

From personal experience I can tell you that the drive from Howard to Fredonia is about a 40 to 45 minute drive.  It doesn't take long at all and it isn't a hard road to travel.

Where is Ruthie going?

Joanna

Janet,
  Ruthe's trying to find a place in Elk Falls.  She has lots of friends there and said she had a couple leads on houses for rent.  She's so funny!  Yesterday we stopped by and she asked us if there was anything she could do to help us "besides get out of your house fast, I mean".  HA!  I hope she finds just what she's looking for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk