Brrrr!

Started by Cheyenne, October 10, 2009, 06:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheyenne

Just checked the weather channel and we are under a freeze warning and a frost advisory. The wind chill is 27. My poor little puppy sure didnt take long outside thismorning. I think i'm going to put a roast in the oven and finish going through are winter clothes and putting the shorts up because we sure wont be needing them.

larryJ

Y'all better pack in the food and water and find those extra blankets, get in some more firewood, make sure the propane tanks are full, cuz it is looking nasty tomorrow and Thursday.  I cringe every time I log on and see the temperature and now the severe weather alert.  Time to close all the doors and windows and build a nice fire in the fireplace and stay home.  I feel for you.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Dee Gee

Everyone must be froze, as the forum hasn't been very busy the last couple days.  I thought it was nice out this afternoon about 30 degrees and sun shining while I clear our driveway and sidewalk.  But my Christmas display is going to stay out longer because it is froze to the ground.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Teresa

I got all my Christmas outside stuff down and put away.. But all the extension cords are still outside buried under 6" of ice and snow.. Maybe in April I'll be able to get them out.. LOL
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

larryJ

Years ago, there were two guys, Hudson and Landry, who were local radio personalities.  They even recorded some albums with their humor.  One of their skits involved talking about other people's lifestyles or living conditions.  Whichever one of them would give out the straight line and the other would say, "I couldn't live like that." 

Well, reading about all the snow and ice and cold------"I couldn't live like that!"

Larryj

srkruzich

Quote from: larryJ on January 05, 2010, 09:33:34 PM
Y'all better pack in the food and water and find those extra blankets, get in some more firewood, make sure the propane tanks are full, cuz it is looking nasty tomorrow and Thursday.  I cringe every time I log on and see the temperature and now the severe weather alert.  Time to close all the doors and windows and build a nice fire in the fireplace and stay home.  I feel for you.

Larryj

There isn't any getting wood right now for me. I can't get back to the wood to cut it.  Its 3 times as hard for me to get wood as it is with my health.    I have maybe enough to last me through this coldest time.  :(  Propane is far too expensive to get. 300 + to fill the tank.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

larryJ

We have a fireplace and used to burn wood up until I diagnosed with COPD.  When we needed wood, we would call one of the locals who go out and cut wood and then sell it to you.  We would order a half-cord and they would deliver and stack it for us for about $100.  I believe the price is gone up a little since then.  As our fireplace has a gas line to it, we will probably just get a fire log that runs on gas for whenever we want to use it.  Momma is a bit leery of burning wood around me thinking that it might impair my breathing.  I don't really care one way or another.  If it bothers me I can just move to another room.  But, she wants the gas log system, so that is what we will do.  Momma is always right!   

Larryj

Wilma

Yer dern rite she is, ya lucky feller. 

patyrn

Larry,

We had always had wood burning fireplaces until we moved to this house and it had a gas log system.  It is WONDERFUL, clean, and looks very real like wood burning.  It just doesn't crackle and smell "woody".  It is much more efficient than burning logs with the heat going out the chimney and the cold drafts pulling down into the house.  I think you'll like it.

srkruzich

Quote from: patyrn on January 06, 2010, 02:22:50 PM
Larry,

We had always had wood burning fireplaces until we moved to this house and it had a gas log system.  It is WONDERFUL, clean, and looks very real like wood burning.  It just doesn't crackle and smell "woody".  It is much more efficient than burning logs with the heat going out the chimney and the cold drafts pulling down into the house.  I think you'll like it.
You know i have a wood stove, and it is more efficient than a fireplace.  but it is far more cost effective than a gas one!  i'll burn hedge which seems no one wants these days.  I don't care if it sparks.  Costs me something like .50 in gas for a cord and 1 chain is 20 bucks and cuts about 5 -10 cords.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk