Military Brass To Fall On Their Swords To Cover Obama's Inept Afghan War Making?

Started by Warph, October 10, 2009, 02:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

Quote from: greatguns on October 10, 2009, 04:53:54 PM
Whether I agree or disagree with any of the opinions on here is up to me, but I don't believe that makes anyone a punk, idiot, or a communist.  I just find everyone's opinion interesting.  I haven't learned much from the name calling though.  I'm waiting for the blast!

lol, i'm used to it.  I think it just means they ran out of arguments.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

pamsback

Anmar is right about one thing and that is that NOBODY has ever won a war with Afghanistan. Everyone who has ever tried has had to pack their diddywa bag and go home and that's a fact. The only way to beat them is to kill every last one of them because they WILL not quit. You can't beat them by fighting a political war like Vietnam, you got to follow them wherever whenever however.

Anmar

Quote from: pamsback on October 10, 2009, 07:27:12 PM
Anmar is right about one thing and that is that NOBODY has ever won a war with Afghanistan. Everyone who has ever tried has had to pack their diddywa bag and go home and that's a fact. The only way to beat them is to kill every last one of them because they WILL not quit. You can't beat them by fighting a political war like Vietnam, you got to follow them wherever whenever however.

Soviets tried that already.

pamsback

duh......and after what like 23 years they packed their shit and went home. Vice versa tho the Muslim hordes have never been able to take over the rest of the world either, they've always got their asses handed to em and go home sooner or later too. Problem is neither side has ever learned anything so instead of just agreein to disagree and stay on their own real estate every so often one or the other decides to give it another shot. Look under retarded in the dictionary and you will find a description of what I just said..er described that is :P

Anmar

Quote from: pamsback on October 10, 2009, 07:37:29 PM
duh......and after what like 23 years they packed their shit and went home. Vice versa tho the Muslim hordes have never been able to take over the rest of the world either, they've always got their asses handed to em and go home sooner or later too. Problem is neither side has ever learned anything so instead of just agreein to disagree and stay on their own real estate every so often one or the other decides to give it another shot. Look under retarded in the dictionary and you will find a description of what I just said..er described that is :P

Lol, Pam i have to say that i may have misread your previous post.  It's unfortunate that our country is in such a difficult situation, we shouldn't be there, the series of events that led to 9/11 and our involvement in Afghanistan are a tragedy.  Thats all behind us and the only thing we can do know is figure out a way to get out with our security and dignity intact.

I've seen some people say "kill 'em all" or "blow the whole thing up"  Well, many of the people living in Afghanistan aren't really our enemies.  In fact, several of them are our allies.  Remember that Al-Qaeda and to a lesser degree, the taliban, are not actually Afghani.

larryJ

Geez, Warph, don't ya just hate it when someone who believes they have the world by the gonads calls you old?  Not just old but "condescending old" and then "dirty old man," all titles which you and I have come by honestly.  The one big problem with being older is that these people will grow old and see the light and we won't be around to say, "I told you so!"

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

pamsback

Don't get me wrong Anmar....I've studied the history of it BUT I've also said ever since this thing first started that the only way to win it IS to just kill them all because as long as there is one left they won't quit and that last one will take as many of whoever is their enemy at the moment WITH them when they go. That is the only thing I find respect worthy about them.

As for al queda and the taliban being afghani or not....technically they are religious movements I know but the PEOPLE we are fighting in Afghanistan who are members of said sects ARE afghani, I know there are soldiers from OTHER arab countries there fightin also but that makes no difference. We are arrogant enough to think we are winnin the hearts and minds of the civilian population.......no we are not, they are USING us for whatever...money mostly and when they decide they are done or we kick em off the tit they will turn every man woman and child and spit on us on the way out and then go back to the status quo that has existed since the beginning of time. If they truly hated their religion and their governments the way they say they do, as mean and tenacious as them people are they would've changed lanes CENTURIES ago.

The only place I might agree is that we should not be there to start with......because it was a no win situation before we ever started it. Unfortunately we HAD to go or look like cowards in the eyes of the rest of the arab world. Now we are in a pissin contest we can't win.

larryJ

whippersnapper

whip·per·snap·per [ wíppər snàppər, hwíppər snàppər ] (plural whip·per·snap·pers)

noun  

Definition:

somebody insignificant and outspoken: an impudent and unimportant person, especially somebody who is young ( dated )

[Late 17th century. Origin ?]

I remember being called a whippersnapper probably in a humerous sort of way by those much older than me.  I got the drift of the meaning of the word even though I never really knew the true meaning of the word.  So see above.  No, I don't think you were being too harsh.  One who would suggest that you are old and becoming incapable of competent thoughts deserves to be called a whippersnapper.  

I HATE IT WHEN YOU DO THAT, WARPH!!!!   DO NOT TEASE ME WITH HINTS ABOUT FUTURE STORIES!  Now I have to sit in anticipation of the story.  

Larryj

Diane Amberg

What do ya do when your whipper doesn't snap any more? Whimper? Droop? Leak?  ;D ;D ;D

larryJ

I think it is supposed to be:  Snapper won't whip any more.   Either way, the answer is------------yes. :'(

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk