White House Christmas Ornaments

Started by kshillbillys, October 07, 2009, 07:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

I received this from my insurance agent in Independence today...I'm printing this exactly as I received this so ya'll can rip me to shreds if you want to...I just found it very interesting!

Thought you might be interested in this information from the White House. This isn't a rumor; this is a fact.

We have a friend at church who is a very talented artist.  For several years she, among many others, has painted ornaments to be hung on the various White House Christmas trees.  The WH sends out an invitation to send an ornament and informs the artists of the theme for the year.

She got her letter from the WH recently.  It said that they would not be called Christmas trees this year.  They will be called Holiday trees. And, to please not send any ornaments painted with a religious theme.

She was very upset at this development and sent back a reply telling them that she painted the ornaments for Christmas trees and would not be sending any for display that left Christ out of Christmas.

Just thought you should know what the new residents in the WH plan for the future of America.  If you missed his statement that "we do not consider ourselves a Christian Nation" this should confirm that he plans to take us away from our religious foundation as quickly as possible.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

srkruzich

I wouldn't doubt it.  Wanna bet they put up a ramadan tree or a kwanza wreath!   
What is so sad is that a christmas tree is not a religious symbol.  Its pagan in its origin and not even a particularly a religious symbol either. sheesh. 

Uhmm
Heres a idea.  Send theobamas a email at whitehouse.gov saying MERRY CHRISTMAS, not xmas, nor happy holidays, but CHRISTMAS! 

:P

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

peanut

Or just send them packen back to wherever they came from.
"Talk Low, Talk Slow And Dont Talk Too Much."
                  ( John Wayne )

Varmit

This pretty much says it all....

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Tobina+1

I LOVE Jeff Dunham.  Very funny.  And I agree.  Even if I abbreviate it, I use "C-Mas" instead of "X-Mas".  But only for my own notes, never for sending cards.

Anmar

yeah, thats the spirit, down with freedom of religion!!!

screw the first amendment!!!!

no rights for anyone but me and mine!!!!

All sarcasm aside, don't fight leftist extremism by using rightist extremism, especially over a christmas tree, which as has already been mentioned, doesn't really have much to do with christmas or christianity in the first place.  There are several branches of christianity, some of them have been here for a very long time, that don't celebrate christmas at all.  The native americans have also been here longer than us and many of them don't celebrate it either. 
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on October 10, 2009, 10:41:43 AM
yeah, thats the spirit, down with freedom of religion!!!

screw the first amendment!!!!

no rights for anyone but me and mine!!!!

All sarcasm aside, don't fight leftist extremism by using rightist extremism, especially over a christmas tree, which as has already been mentioned, doesn't really have much to do with christmas or christianity in the first place.  There are several branches of christianity, some of them have been here for a very long time, that don't celebrate christmas at all.  The native americans have also been here longer than us and many of them don't celebrate it either. 
You know, this "multiculturalism" that  is being shoved down everyones throat is against everything that America stands for.  We are a nation of different cultures that came together to be Americans, not some ethnic group/american.   We are individuals first who live in a nation that melds together as one when it is necessary.   We actually got a Glimpse of it on 9/11.  Too sad that it had to disappear so fast.  :(
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

Quote from: Cheyenne on October 10, 2009, 11:28:25 AM
I have no problem with freedom of religion. If somebody doesn't believe in Christianity then why can't they just leave their kids out of it and let everybody make their own decisions. A lot of times if seems like Christianity. In high school we had some Muslim girls that were allowed to wear their scarves ( i dont know the correct term) over their heads but we werent allowed to say "merry Christmas". Kind of a double standard don't you think? It seems like Christians are expected to keep their beliefs under wraps while every other denominations broadcasts theirs loud and clear and were supposed to look the other way for them.

The students can say whatever they want.  No religous activity can be promoted by the government, which includes teachers.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

flintauqua

Quote from: Cheyenne on October 10, 2009, 11:28:25 AM
I have no problem with freedom of religion. If somebody doesn't believe in Christianity then why can't they just leave their kids out of it and let everybody make their own decisions. A lot of times if seems like Christianity. In high school we had some Muslim girls that were allowed to wear their scarves ( i dont know the correct term) over their heads but we werent allowed to say "merry Christmas". Kind of a double standard don't you think? It seems like Christians are expected to keep their beliefs under wraps while every other denominations broadcasts theirs loud and clear and were supposed to look the other way for them.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Way too often the first part gets used to overule the second. 

And it seems that it's usually non-Christians using the first part to get rid of Christian ideals and traditions, while relying on the second part to promote their own views on religion. 

This has gone on way too long. 

Both clauses need to be enforced equally and uniformly upon Christians and non-Christians alike.

pamsback

How about we all practice our version of whatever at home in our family where it is supposed to be and quit lookin to the government or anybody ELSE to tell us no or give us permission? Kids who do christmas exchange presents among themselves....jewish kids exchange hannukah presents among themselves...muslim kids do whatever muslim kids do among themselves.....catch my drift? this whole argument about so and so won't "LET" me practice my religion is a crock. seriously...

everybody is always sayin...."they won't LET me pray"...... bull...... you can pray standin right next to "them" and they are never gonna know you even did it unless you make a big deal out of TELLIN them you did it. You think God hears you better if you holler it out in public than He/She does if you whisper it in your heart?

It's all a power play and that's ALL it is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk