What is your favorite apple?

Started by Tobina+1, October 06, 2009, 12:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

All of our red apples come from red states. 

Although small the favorite apple in Kansas is Manhattan.  8)

Red Delicious are good but get mushy too quickly.  The yellow delicious seem to stay a while longer but still get soft.  The Fuji and Gala have the longest shelf life...Unless you want a baking apple then the Granny Smith takes the pie. 

Macintosh just don't seem to mesh very well with pc's.  They are alright within their own pie but don't play well with others. 

With COOL we have to have origin labeling on all produce.  It is funny how much fresh fruit comes from very far away places at certain times of the year. 

Tobina+1

I don't typically enjoy the red apples as much as green or red/green ones.  They usually have softer centers (less crisp) and the skin is thicker.  They are also less tart, which I like the tartness.

Hmmm.  Maybe I'll have some apples and PB for a snack this afternoon.

pepelect

Diane Amberg

Catwoman

Eeeeewwww...What a suggestion! lol

sixdogsmom

Pickled apples are good, a great condiment!  ;)
Edie

Tobina+1

No, I didn't really have much pickle cravings.  They say that if you do, you're lacking in salt. 
Yes, pickled apples are pretty and good!

Sarah

Definitely Granny Smith.  Just got done eating two Granny Smith apple pies that I made over the weekend.  Mmmmmmmm

Tobina+1

Just bought 2 new kinds of apples I haven't tried before.  Honeycrisp and Courtland.  I tried the Honeycrisp on the way home.  So-so, in my opinion.  VERY crisp and juicy, for sure.  It was less tart than the Fugis I've been eating.  It also was less dense than some of the crisp apples, so if you like crisp but don't like the hardness when you bite down, this apple would be for you.  I imagine it would cook down a lot, too, since it's so juicy and not very dense.

pepelect

The favorite one is the one you bring to school for the teacher!    :angel:

I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk