IS THERE ANYTHING MADE IN AMERICA????????????????????????????????

Started by frawin, October 02, 2009, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

I'll tell you what.  You want american made??  I can handle that. 
I am waiting on my blades which are american made blades for my planer which is american made, and i'll take my tablesaw and other tools which are american made, and turn some of this wood i have that i salvaged from a american made school, this was was grown in america and cut by americans too. 
I'll take it and cut it with my american made tools and turn it into a nice american made porch swing.
4 or 6' swing.  So how many do yall want to order!!

basic prices start at 55.00.  6' are 70.00 and if you want a specific custom made design we can talk price.

Hey its All American!  :)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pepelect

Yes and there is a nice American made thread for that post at the bottom of the first page ......

.........................awe what the hell can you make me one out of hedge. 

..........................................I just want you to have to buy new blades again.

srkruzich

Quote from: pepelect on October 05, 2009, 08:37:31 PM
Yes and there is a nice American made thread for that post at the bottom of the first page ......

.........................awe what the hell can you make me one out of hedge. 

..........................................I just want you to have to buy new blades again.
LOL yeah i know it.  I am using hedge on another project i have and its taken its toll on my planer knives.

pepelect

So let me get this straight you(American) are profiting from the American taxpayers purchased wood (American Oak) that hasn't been utilized by Americans for years and producing something for Americans so that they(Americans) can sit their lazy American butts on?

This is a very patriotic venture.

I would applaud your green enterprise.

jarhead

SRK, you ever use mulberry wood ? It's yeller like hedge but seems to be alot softer--not that I ever made anything from it

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on October 05, 2009, 08:58:33 PM
SRK, you ever use mulberry wood ? It's yeller like hedge but seems to be alot softer--not that I ever made anything from it

No i haven't used mulberry.  I need the hedge's hardness, for making gears for my wooden clock.  I plane down the pieces to 1/8" thick, and then cut into wedges and glue together then glue three circles offsetting the glue joints.  Then i can do the scroll work on the gears to cut out the gears and they should be really strong.  i do however need to dry this stuff somehow i think i'll toss the hedge slices on top of my stove when i fire it up and hope it drys it out more.

pamsback

Don't dry em too fast or they will split and crack!

Just out of curiousity what does one of your 6 ft swings look like?

jarhead

Steve, You should get in contact with Rex Morse from Elk City. He cuts his own logs, has a saw mill and a kiln and uses local wood to make  cabinets. I sure don't know much about that kind of stuff but he did tell me you can only take a certain amount of moisture out of the wood,in the kiln, every day, or you screw it up. I know it takes several weeks in the kiln to cure the wood right---unlike the warped, cracked crap you buy at a lumber yard,nowadays.

srkruzich

Quote from: pamsback on October 06, 2009, 07:20:25 AM
Don't dry em too fast or they will split and crack!

Just out of curiousity what does one of your 6 ft swings look like?

Here's some pics of swings i have made, These are not the swings that i made but pics of the designs.
I can make any swing i can get a picture of.  OR i can design a unique one, it just takes a bit longer to get my artistic mode in gear.

This one is
2' swing  59.00
4' swing  95.00
6' swing 120.00  

frame for swing to put out in the garden

2' swing   95.00
4' swing 120.00
6' swing 140.00

swing arbor
Price subject to wood prices. :)

2' swing  120.00
4' swing  200.00
6' swing 280.00

swing and stand is 230.00 

Update, the above is a pine swing and stand, and after looking around, I found that i cannot get the logs to build this in pine around here.  Sorry bout that, I am so used to being able to go cut a pine log whenever i needed one. 
Next best thing is cedar and that is going to be pricy. 
The swing alone is going to be 230 for cedar and the stand is going to be an additional 120.00 for cedar.

Made out of pine.  Other woods would increase price based on cost of wood.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk