Political payback”: Michelle on Obama’s Chicago Olympics cronyism

Started by Warph, September 30, 2009, 03:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Jarhead, you mean it hasn't already?? :o

Seriously though, I would like to take this opportunity to point out that this is the Politics section, therefore your "I don't want to be wrong..." way of thinking, is..well...misguided.  You would not be wrong sir, you would just be uninformed as to all the facts.  And if we can take a lesson from todays political leaders, making predictions and statements based on uninformed facts and information (see the presidents remarks on the Harvard professor vs. the Police issue, or the Geithner tax situtation) is perfectly legitimate.  And no matter erroneous those statements or predictions may be, you are not "wrong", you merely misspoke. ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

jarhead

Why hells bells, I'm feeling better already. Gonna go out on a limb here but I bet Je$$ie Jack$on and Rev. $harpton will be all over this in the next 24 hours

Tobina+1

Hmmm.  Don't think I'll be able to get a $99 each way ticket to Rio.
Besides, having it in the US would be "cool", but I really like to see what other countries' traditions are and how they incorporate that into the Olympics (especially the opening ceremony).

I think historically the Olympics have been strewn with political nuances, and will probably continue to be so for years to come.  But for those of us who occasionally like to get our head out of the political dirt... the Games are FUN!   ;D

jarhead

Yes Tobina, the games are fun to watch but don't think for a minute that there is not corruption in the games. In the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games American boxer Roy Jones Jr beat the crap out of S. Korea's Park Si Hun for all three rounds, then to have the judges award Hun the Gold and Jones the Silver. In Hun's defense, after he was awarded the Gold Medal, he apalogized to Jones for the injustice done.

jerry wagner

Kinda like Nancy Kerrigan winning the silver when she hardly deserved it.

Tobina+1

Oh, I agree about the corruption.  It's sad to think that there isn't much left in this world free of corruption.

But... I'm still gonna watch sand volleyball and enjoy every dig, hit, and dive!   8)  Who knows... by the time Rio rolls around, we may even have one of our own local kids involved in the Olympics!  Wouldn't that be cool!?

pepelect

Tobina your offspring won't be very old to be in the olympics by Rio!!  What are we shooting for gymnastics?  I know a couple of volleyball players that look like they might have the right stuff....

Diane Amberg

Jo, many posts back one of us said Pres. O wouldn't be going to Denmark unless Chicago's getting the Olympics was already a done deal, therefore  a conspiracy to capture the Olympics for Chicago had to have happened. It was just good natured banter, nothing serious. But I'll be Lady Diane this week, thank you very much. ;D ;D ;D Actually I think having it in Rio would be fantastic. Can you imagine the Carnival theme they could have?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk