Convince Me

Started by sixdogsmom, September 29, 2009, 02:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Whetstone

This is a graph showing the population of Elk County using the numbers in Mark Hall's post. I think this illustrates that we are not on a steep decline as we were from 1930 to 1970.

David

Sarah

Thank you David for your replies.

sixdogsmom

David, I notice that your graph ends in 2000, nearly ten years out of date. It will be interesting to see after the 2010 census.
Edie

sixdogsmom

BTW, there will be an informational meeting hosted by the Red Hat Society this evening at 05:00 PM. Their guests will be members of the school board and the information committee concerning the school bond issue. They have invited all members of the community to participate. Supper can be ordered from the menu at your own expense. Thanks to the Red Hats for this opportunity for this face to face meeting. Meeting will be at The Swinging Bridge Cafe.
Edie

pepelect

There has been a face to face meeting scheduled at 7:30pm every month about the schools since the dawn of time. 
If you want to know what is going on with the school system then go to the school board meetings. 
There was one last night and there was hardly anyone there.  If this is such a hot button issue that is going to affect the future of the entire world why do we show such little concern?

The public information committee is available to speak to anyone at any time about the issues with the bond.  It is made up of citizens from all over the county. 

Diane Amberg

If the Elk County residents plan to run the census workers off with a shot gun, you still won't know your population or the age of the residents.

patyrn

That's great that the communications are out and about.  I know that there was a presentation at the Legion meeting last week in Howard.  

I so wish that we could vote since we own property and pay taxes in Elk County, but alas, we are not permanent residents.  As a former educator, it seems only logical to me to get everything centralized.  No matter where the high school could have been built 30 years ago, I feel the elementary should be incorporated into its campus. In retrospect looking back thirty years, it's probably unfortunate this decision wasn't made and carried out then (my opinion only).  It shouldn't be an issue of town against town. Elk County is notorious for these feelings from rivalries generations ago.  It's over folks--let's present a united front for every tomorrow!

I hope people will strongly consider the future of Elk County Schools and their students when they go to the polls!!!!

pepelect

There is still time for you to establish residence...You have until the 19th of October to register. 

patyrn

Oh woe....................don't let Rodney know that.........................................................

pepelect

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 13, 2009, 02:12:11 PM
If the Elk County residents plan to run the census workers off with a shot gun, you still won't know your population or the age of the residents.

That is only one guy. ................. The census workers are more of a season hunt.  County assessors are shoot on site.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk