Life in the Oink Sector

Started by redcliffsw, September 25, 2009, 08:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Ilana Mercer gives us some info to consider........

By the standards of honest, if unorthodox, accounting, government workers, moreover, don't pay taxes, but are paid out of taxes. In other words, they pay taxes out of money confiscated from taxpayers, who, in turn, pay taxes twice: on their own income and on the income of members of the bureaucracy.

At the very least, this should disqualify state workers from voting.

In any event, if you are a private-sector sucker plumping for a panoply of new government programs, consider the following: The more of them there are, the fewer of you there will be. Think zero-sum, or parasite vs. host. The first is sucking the lifeblood of the second. The larger the parasite gets, the weaker the host will grow.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=110931

Diane Amberg

Where does the writer think teachers and police officers and road workers et al should be paid from, if not taxes? Nobody but the individual decides where they want to work. It's their choice whether to work in the private sector or be a "stinky poo" Gov't employee. I have to argue her number facts too. She's trying to compare jobs with careers. Ya don't like the pay scale you are free to go elsewhere. Why does she think Gov't workers don't pay taxes? Al and I do, did and will. And teachers shouldn't vote? That's ridiculous. I didn't give up my citizenship when I became a teacher!

Anmar

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 25, 2009, 10:29:52 AM
Where does the writer think teachers and police officers and road workers et al should be paid from, if not taxes? Nobody but the individual decides where they want to work. It's their choice whether to work in the private sector or be a "stinky poo" Gov't employee. I have to argue her number facts too. She's trying to compare jobs with careers. Ya don't like the pay scale you are free to go elsewhere. Why does she think Gov't workers don't pay taxes? Al and I do, did and will. And teachers shouldn't vote? That's ridiculous. I didn't give up my citizenship when I became a teacher!

yeah, I stopped reading Red's posts and links a long time ago.  Just silliness
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

flo

just where do people dig up this crap and try to pass it on as gospel????? >:( >:( >:( and why do so many take it as gospel and not give it some honest thought before passing it on ????? Everything found on the internet is not rock solid the truth and nothing but the truth.  Truth be known, a lot of it isn't, it's just something to keep the pot stirred.  God Bless those that keep our country safe; those that work to make sure our children get an education; those that patrol our streets and do what they can to detere crime; those that are honestly trying to make a difference.  I'd lots rather my taxes go for their wages than where the "majority of my tax money" goes. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Dee Gee

Sure glad this is the United States where this kind of BS can be put out and some idiots might even believe a little bit of it.  I will agree that are some slackers in the government employment but the also just as many in the private sector.  In the forty years that I worked for the state the private sector employees that I work with were always paid better per hour than I was.  I also had to pay state and federal taxes just like everyone else.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

kshillbillys

Pam, as the MAIL CARRIER part of this forum, I agree whole heartedly. And NOT for myself...for the MILITARY! Absolutely crap! I'm not a pampered pig. I PAY for healthcare. I PAY taxes (and a nice healthy amount too)! I work my ass off to get what I have by walking 12-15 miles a day in the rain, in the heat, in the snow, in the sleet and ice, tornadoes, lightning, you name it, I walk in it!
ANYONE that puts down the fine military of this great country, can kiss my ass and get the hell out! They DIE for us. They died for that idiot to spout that crap. If you can't respect the military any more than that, move your ass out of the USA!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

I think ya'll are missing some of the points Mrs. Mercer is trying to make.  For example, would a private sector enterprise that is failing, for whatever reason, give pay raises to its employees?  No.  Do government employees get raises based on an increase in output?  No.  Then why are more of our tax dollars going to fund gov't raises?  Teachers and Cops haven't really shown an increase in output, rather a decrease.  Look at the public education system, you can't honestly argue that it has improved based on th product that it has turned out.  Rather the quality of work it has produced has gotten steadily worse over the years.  Law enforcement...please...If our criminal justice system was worth a damn folks wouldn't have to lock their doors at night or worry about wether or not they left their keys in their car.  Just look at Chicago, a prime example of law enforcement at work.  If the Postal Service is so successful please explain why companies like FedEx, UPS, and DHL are doing so well.  As for taxes, Yes, taxes are taken out of gov't employees checks.  However, when th money that makes up those checks comes from taxpayers, the money taken out of those checks also comes from taxpayers.  There is not a single gov't enterprise that actually makes a profit. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

Before all you teacher types go off on me, please explain how this type of behavior is acceptable.  Aren't publicly funded schools supposed to watch out for the well-being of our children?  

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Catwoman

Obviously, there is more to this story than is being put out there.  I would have to read the case file in order to be able to speak intelligently to this particular instance speciifically...But, generally speaking...I have seen students that were so pervasive in their disorder that they were a threat to both themselves and others...They had to be sequestered until their parents could retrieve them...I have also seen students divest themselves of articles of clothing in order to attack others with them, though generally not down to their scivvies...emotional lability was an issue in these instances.  In just listening to this, I would wonder what led to that ultimate end...This should be a cautionary tale to all administrators and teachers...Actions taken with the best of intentions (to assist someone from being a threat to themselves and others) can lead to lawsuits, unless you've very, very careful.  Uh, in answer to your original question...Of course teachers and administrators are there to protect students...And that includes protecting the remaining student population from the one student who obviously has no control over their own behavior.

Varmit

Quote from: Catwoman on September 26, 2009, 06:12:18 AM
And that includes protecting the remaining student population from the one student who obviously has no control over their own behavior.

Actually, there are measures in place that allow a child to be placed in a "calming room".  However, teachers, administrators, and faculty have to be in the room with the child in order to insure that the child does not become a threat to themselves.  Placing a child in a concrete room, in his underwear, and telling him to stand on an "x" on the floor, while a sheet is placed over the window is in clear violation of the rules.  I seriously doubt that the child stripped himself of his clothing.  This school should be shut down and the teacher and administrators responsible should be imprisoned for child endangerment and molestation.  Protecting the remaining student population does not include molestation and unobserved solitary confinement of the offending student, especially when the offender IS ONLY 9 YEARS OLD.  But then again, what else should we expect from government paid indoctrinators...opps...I meant educators?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk