The 9/12 March On Washington: How Big Was The Crowd?

Started by Warph, September 15, 2009, 01:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Our attempt to calculate the true size of the 9/12 march: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/how-big-was-the-crowd/

(Bill O'Reilly reported tonight that 75,000 showed up.... sounds like he's Spinning us.)

Ann Kane says:

There were one million patriots packed into the area between the Washington Monument and the U.S.Capitol in Washington, D.C. on 9/12, and
all David Axelrod could say was, "They're wrong."  Denial is a powerful thing.  There is only one way I have ever found to break the hold of denial -- keep speaking the truth.

We all came armed with the truth.  The people I encountered at the march were the most civil, passionate, and solicitous crowd I have ever seen on such a large scale.  There was no thuggery, trash talk or trash, pushing or shoving; just a one million strong contingent fighting to restore our Constitutional freedoms.

It appears Axelrod doesn't understand the concept that for each person who shows up to a protest like this one, there are likely hundreds more back home who agree, but were just too busy with their families and homes to make the trip.  To say the least, the American citizens who attended Saturday's rally and march represent millions more.  That tells me, "We're right!"
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

According to the public safety people it was about 200,000.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk