What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Diane, there is an up/down arrow to the left of the HOME button at top of page.  Click it and see if the header (with the new member counter, Show unread posts, etc.) comes back.

Charles
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Diane Amberg

YES! Thank you so much! I feel so much better.I had reached my Peter Principle on what was wrong! :-*

Janet Harrington

I did go to the festival today. Watched some of the parade, but was more interested in getting a picture of my great-niece on the church float. Then visited some booths, bought a couple of fleece couch throws for Christmas presents, got some Mary Kay, bought some tickets for drawings, (don't guess I won as no one has called me, LOL), and ate a hamburger from one of the stands. The husband bought some onions, peppers, and some homemade canned goods from the daughter's booth. She also makes individual pies with Splenda, which he really likes. Oh, yeah, did the chili cook-off tasting thing. Ate too much. Took a nap and went to church. A good day, all in all.

Janet Harrington

I forgot. I did buy a couple of jars of honey from Steve. Got the last of last years crop, I think he said. I also bought some mums from the Flint Hills Assembly of God fall plant sale that they had on the courtyard today. Don't know where I will put them, but for now they are on the front porch. I hope they will bloom really pretty.

Teresa

I'm soooo glad you hurried up and told us that.. I didn't think I was going to be able to sleep tonight wondering what you bought today~~~~ ::)  Now I can rest easy knowing that information is storied away in my brain..

;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on September 24, 2011, 07:57:45 PM
I forgot. I did buy a couple of jars of honey from Steve. Got the last of last years crop, I think he said. I also bought some mums from the Flint Hills Assembly of God fall plant sale that they had on the courtyard today. Don't know where I will put them, but for now they are on the front porch. I hope they will bloom really pretty.
:)  i love the honey thats for sure. Unfortuanately the beekeeper will go without any honey this winter. :O  Sheesh.  Next year though, hopefully we'll have a bumper crop
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

Kjell's setting up about 15 targets today. We have to practice Cowboy Shooting as we'll be shooting in a big match in California in about 3 weeks. So its a gunpowder and lead day for me today.  :)
Love it!

sixdogsmom

Returned today from a three day outing to Medicine Lodge Kansas for the Peace Treaty Enactment. This only happens every couple of years, and we heard noises that this may be the last one.  :'( Memorial Park is located at a natural ampitheater at the confluence of the Medicine River and Elk Creek. It faces south and would get the south wind on most days, but on this day the breeze was in the north and seldom reached any of the attendees. It was hot! And I got sunburned! But it was worth it all, this is a very large production that depicts the history of the area.

On Thursday afternoon, we went to Pratt for a little shopping and a visit to the state fish hatchery and natural history museum there. And on Friday, we visited the Indian encampment at Medicine Lodge then attended the Pageant. We had dinner at a Mexican restraunt in Anthony and found the food to be excellent! Saturday, we headed back to Medicine Lodge for a scenic drive west of the town through the Gypsom Hills and open range. Gorgeous any time you visit. I picked one wildflower that I don't know what it is, but it smells like green beans. I will have to look that up. Then we went back to Medicine Lodge to visit the Mountain Man encampment, we met a lot of interesting people and saw a lot of their crafts. This morning we visited the official State Of Kansas September 11 Memorial Park in Anthony Kansas. This is a sobering and very sad memorial, and the trade center piece just sends it home. Altogether a great weekend, with lots of things to remember!
Edie

farmgal67357

I had a busy day today! We went to Wichita to church, then to a Chinese buffet for lunch. I tried some new stuff like barbequed chicken foot and sauteed squid. The food tasted good, but they must have put sugar in everything because Will's blood sugar shot sky high! So we learned our lesson about that place. Time for some walking!

We dropped Kyle off at the comic shop for a card tournament and went to check out a used book store. Will found several new books to read. Then it was off to the Pet Store across the way. What a neat place! I got to pet beautiful bunnies, there was even a chocolate bunny! Then I played with the ferrets. These had beautifully marked coats and were very well fed-they all had round little tummies. But the highlight of the day was getting to see a sting ray! Not only did I see it, I petted it's "nose"!!!! It was truly awesome! It was a very small one, maybe a foot long. It would come to the surface of the tank wanting to get petted. Once you touched it, it would ruffle (can't think of any other way to describe it) it's fin at you, spraying a little water at ya. God makes the most wonder creatures!

After we picked up Kyle we were off to the Dillons store in Andover. I have NEVER seen anything like this store. Really, there are almost too many things to choose from there! We did our shopping and went over to the Deli/Bakery section to pick out something for supper. I got to watch the Sushi chef make me a crunchy dragon roll to take home. Kyle got some spicy beef and rice with some crab rangoon. Will found him some chicken wings and a nice pea salad. Everyone was happy!

Got home and got all the stuff we bought put away. Ahhhhh....my comfy chair was calling me! So I settled in with my crunchy dragon and had a lovely supper. Whew! What a day!  : )
Lisa

Teresa

Sixguns... I've been to the Peace Treaty events and the ranch rodeo in medicine lodge..  and it is awesome..

farmgal.... sounds like you had a wonderful day! The descriptive narrative was excellent.. . as was your Sixdogs..
  and yes~~ all Chinese restaurants have a sugar glaze of some kind on everything except their egg drop soup. Thats the only thing I can eat if I go to one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk