What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Steve, good for you for going in now for a carotid check. With your family history it's a very good idea. Have you had it done before for a base Line?

Wilma

My doctor started me on scans 3 years ago when he first noticed a noise in the arteries.  It is so simple now.  Just like an ultra sound on a mommie's tummy.  The first check of my carotid arteries was done 30 some years ago when they had to go up through an artery in the groin and you had to lie absolutely still for hours afterward.  It is almost a day off from school to have the scan done now.  Can't say I look forward to it, but the alternative is unthinkable.

Diane Amberg

I know I shouldn't let this bunch of freaks bother me, but I see Westboro is at it again. What gives them the right to be so judgemental and sanctimonious anyway? The original freedom of speech was to be able to criticize and comment on authority, not to be able to create lies and sit in judgement of humanity in general. It's just makes me mad.

farmgal67357

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 12, 2011, 02:33:45 PM
I know I shouldn't let this bunch of freaks bother me, but I see Westboro is at it again. What gives them the right to be so judgemental and sanctimonious anyway? The original freedom of speech was to be able to criticize and comment on authority, not to be able to create lies and sit in judgement of humanity in general. It's just makes me mad.

Thank you for not calling these jerks a church. They are not Christians, just a bunch of lawyers trying to get people mad enough to assault them so they can sue them. It's nothing but a scam. They prey on people's pain and misery.
Lisa
Lisa

Diane Amberg

Warph

Quote from: Catwoman on July 09, 2011, 08:42:13 AM
Well, if it's a good cup of joe that you're after, my family has gotten hooked on Community Coffee.  You can't get it here in Kansas, as far we can tell...You have to go south of the Kansas border to find it.  STRONG coffee but has a great flavor...Thank goodness you can order it online! lol

Cat... I have tried CC and found it to be purty good coffee but, the best I've run across is Peets which I've been drinking for the past 8 years now.  I order in 2lbs. ground every 2 months..... my favorite is Bkft. Blend.  It taste better and fresher than the supermarket 12oz. pkg. of Peets at Safeway.  Unfortunatly tho', I just got an email... and like everything else... they are going up in price.  Might have to switch to beer in the mornings... it's cheaper.   
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sodbuster

Warph, you're a Peet's man huh? Be careful not to drink too much of that stuff. That stuff is what fueled the Berkeley Radical Movement. Don't wan't you going all "pelosi" on me.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Ms Bear

I am sitting in a very nice room at a LaQuinta Inn in Edmond, OK after a very fun and interesting week in Kansas.  My brother met me at my daughters in Arkansas and we both drove to Howard, I had my car and he had a motorhome.  We stopped at the City office and asked about a place to stay with the motorhome and she suggested the Damsite campground at Fall River.  It was very nice and had all the hookups he needed.  My sister-in-law stayed there and we drove back to Howard to the Cemetery so I could show him where our great grandfather and greatgreatgrandparents are buried.  Next we went to Poplar Pizza and ate a very good late lunch.

Kevin at the City Office told us where Maurice Marion, one of my father's cousins lived and we went by there and he wasn't home so we went back to Fall River.  Friday we went to Eureka to the museum and it was very nice, the had a lot more to see than I expected.  We still weren't able to find the Brown Chapel Cemetery so we drove back to Howard and had lunch at Sweet and Spicy and then went back to Maurice's home and found him at home.

Maurice was able to give us a lot of information and we had a wonderful visit with him and he said he could show us where everyone was buried so he went with us.  Took us to Brown Chapel, Fall River, Mt. Zion and then back to Howard to Grace Lawn and showed us some we hadn't found yet.  Next he took us out of town about three miles to the property where my grandparents lived when my father was born.

Saturday we left Howard to go to Northwest Kansas and visit cousins neither of us had seen in 35 years.  Hated to leave but headed back to Texas.

Diane Amberg

That sounds like a wonderful trip.Isn't it fun to reconnect with people you haven't seen in years?

farmgal67357

For excitement today (and tomorrow) we a having a moving sale. Wooptidoo! We've got some furniture to sell, so I hope the heat doesn't keep people away. 8)
Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk