What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Where are they staying? What all will they be doing? Circle Line? Central park? The NBC studio tour? 5th Ave?  Rockefeller Center?   Tribeca area? Coney Island? Staten Island Ferry? Broadway? Times Square? Regardless, I'm sure they will have a wonderful time. The sounds and smells and hustle and bustle of Manhattan is very invigorating, even with the occasional characters.

Hefe de vaca

My two favorite cities , New York and New Orleans ( before the flood). Good people, good food, and good music. But I wouldn't want to live there. " There's no place like home".

Wilma

You said it and I hope you mean Elk County.

larryJ

Diane, the Hotel Roosevelt and..............................yes.
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Diane Amberg

It looks like they will have nice weather. Low to mid 80s with a chance of a thunderstorm on Saturday. It's beautiful here today too.I spent too much time gabbing with my back fence neighbor about our gardens that back up to each other. I'm working on training my cukes up on their fence and have a couple of toms almost ready. I heard our first cicada yesterday. Ah, summertime! :laugh:

farmgal67357

Quote from: Hefe de vaca on June 30, 2011, 12:07:13 AM
     My two favorite cities , New York and New Orleans ( before the flood). Good people, good food, and good music. But I wouldn't want to live there. " There's no place like home".

I lived in NYC for 2 years, loved it, but was ready to come back home to Kansas. I do miss the bagels! You just can't get a "NYC style"bagel around here.

Lisa
Lisa

Hefe de vaca

Quote from: Wilma on June 30, 2011, 07:12:43 AM
You said it and I hope you mean Elk County.
Of course , though there's a lot of " home" in some of the rest of Kansas. I've sure run into a lot of people who can't see what we love about it , and I usually think, "good", stay where you are.

Diane Amberg

Fortunately we do get really good bagels here. Nicely boiled then baked so there is a nice bite to the crust and then that great soft inside.Yum

larryJ

First day report:  The redeye flight was turblent.  Of course, the room wasn't going to be ready that early in the morning so they went to the Today show and looked around.  They went back to the hotel and wife was uncomfortable sitting in the lobby so she stretched out on the floor until two hotel employees told her she couldn't do that.  The hotel found them a temporary area where they could rest until they room was ready.  Wife took her morning medicine and then lost one of the bottles somewhere.  After our phone call today in which I gave her some suggestions where to look she called right back to tell me she found it. Granddaugter was talking in the background telling "Nana" she has a sore throat. ::)  Some fun.  Glad I didn't go.   :laugh:  Wife's cousin and I went out to the post office and the bank and then to Walmart.  She gets her prescriptions filled there. 

I found another box of my mom's geanealogy notes and worked on the family tree.  There was also a copy of the Howard Courant Citizen from 1962.  I might post some of the items on Good Old Days.  I never really realized then or until now, but papers like the Howard paper didn't post any world or national news.  It is all gossip :o

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk