What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I have to bind a quilt I made. I didn't do the quilting on it I had it done at Severy by Wanda Nusz. I made it for Jeff's grandparents last year and just had the money to get it quilted this summer. I also had a quilt top that my grandmother. I have to bind it also. I would love to quilt, but haven't figured out how to put the quilt together. LOL! I remember watching my grandma quilt all the time. I think that I got my sewing abilities from her. I would spend lots of time watching her sew, quilt, and cook. Ms. Bear you should post us some pictures of your quilt. I have actually made two myself. I made my oldest daughter one about 5 years ago. I put pictures of her and her sister. I enjoy sewing and things, just don't have the time that I used to. When I taught I would have summers off and could do some sewing, but with daycare I don't have much time off at all.

I spent this week making having the kids make things for their parents. We made some picture frame ornaments. We also tried clay ornaments. I didn't have any paint to paint them yesterday so I made some from a recipe I found on the internet. The boys and I also made sugar cookies this week. They love cutting them out, then decorating them, and of course eating them. I also made some treats for the teachers at the school, too. It has been a very fun week. This is what I love about Christmas!! Making all the goodies and sharing them with everyone!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

RDSchoutenFarms

Angie, did you say you can bind quilts? I know you are busy, so I will probably just have my cousin Tammi do it. She just opened a quilt shop in El Dorado last weekend. I am putting together a quilt that my mother-in-law, Sharon Schouten was working on before she passed. It's kind of a way to connect with her. I am giving it to my father-in-law for Christmas. This quilt is huge! She made all her quilts California king size and they are so comfy!!

And, Angie, didn't you make the girls pajamas a few years ago? Did you find the pattern at Walmart and did you use fleece?

Lookatmeknow!!

I haven't bound a quilt in a few years, but I have to do these two. Yes, I made the girls PJ's. I made them out of some flannel that I found. I actually find a pattern like I wanted. I made it up on my own. I am known to do that alot. I don't like to mess with reading the instructions. LOL- Just cut it out using the girls shirts and pants. They were very simple. I can only do simple things! LOL!!

That's how the one quilt top is. My grandmother had a bunch of tops and one Christmas my Aunt put numbers on them and we drew numbers to see who got what quilt top. There are 11 of us grandkids and we each got a quilt top. I am going to give it to one of the girls I think. I have another of her's that I got from my Aunt when we got married. It is also one that she hand quilted!! I could try to help you out. I just got done making the cupcakes for the kindergarten party today and I am going to cut out the binding while my little ones sleep!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

I got to watch UD spank Georgia Southern this afternoon in football.The  Blue Hens beat up on the Eagles in the semi finals for I AA.   Now they'll play East Washington University from Cheney here at home for the IAA final in January. I also finished my 88 Christmas cards, so the last of them will go out in the mail tomorrow. Then we have a party to go to tomorrow night, hoping the storm that is expected has down sized to something reasonable. It's been so cold here that little snow we got on Thurs. is still on the ground. Our people are lousy bad weather drivers and have to learn how all over again every winter as evidenced by many multi-car pile ups on the icy roads Thursday afternoon. Had one with 12 cars and a school bus. They just bing banged around, luckily with no injuries. Had a sharp shinned hawk on my deck rail yesterday. She was checking out her lunch selections, but I don't know if she picked off a bird or not.There are a lot of doves that come in for corn so she might have gotten one of them.

larryJ

Hey Wilma, I am watching the water rise in the rain gauge!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Wish I were?  Wouldn't care to share, would you?

sixdogsmom

I'm with you Wilma, we need the moisture really bad. Be sure to check that rose garden!

I spent today doing domestic stuff, cleaned the litter box, UGH!  :P :P :P Did a couple loads of laundry, did a little ironing, fed the dogs, fed the cats, fed the dogs, etc, etc! Gonna be busy next week helping my ailing friend get ready for Christmas as well as keep her various appointments. The time will go fast. Also watched K-State get blown away by the 'Gators this afternoon. I had forgotten the KU game 'till it was too late, happy to hear they did well. Looks like a good bball year.

I should sleep like a rock tonight, I am tired.
Edie

srkruzich

Day 3 of stomach flu virus.....Someone just shoot me
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

larryJ

Wilma, as storms come ashore and rain on us, so will they travel east and perhaps give those of you in Elk County an early white Christmas.  We are getting a series of storms which will last for five days---of rain.  As our average rainfall for the year is about 15 inches, we will get a good start with these systems. 

Steve, sorry to hear you are ill. Get better soon. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Oh, Steve, I'm so sorry you have that bug. Sometimes Cipro kills it but it may be too late now. Try not to get dehydrated. :'( Hang in there this too shall pass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk