What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Lisa.. there is a LONG LONG list of rumors where I am concerned.. But I like it that way.. Makes me and my life seem so much more exciting than I really am..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I guess this isn't very exciting, but I was just thinking about how much I've enjoyed Peter Falk's work over the years. Of course Columbo but also the Great Race and other movies too. He'll be missed.

farmgal67357

I loved Mr. Falk in The Princess Bride. We are losing so many of the great, older actors lately. 'Tis sad, but we can remember them by watching their films! Memory Eternal!

Lisa
Lisa

W. Gray

My favorite role for Peter Falk was in the Brinks Job, where he was the ring leader of seven second rate hoods who robbed the Boston branch of Brinks security.

When I was a kid the Brinks robbery was the ultimate in robberies. First time someone had ever stolen $1 million. Many people looked on the guys that did it as Robin Hood heroes. They were caught just days before the statute of limitations ran out.

According to the movie, the robbers actually entered Brinks in a dry run before the actual heist was carried out. Dont know if that is accurate as I dont believe I ever read a true account of what happened. But apparently the security was really lax.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Roma Jean Turner

Remember Moline Crazy Days starts tonight.  The Bean Feed and Hog Roast starts at 6:30 at the park.  There is a movie tonight later, but can't remember what it is.  Anyway, parade tomorrow at 10:30 with lots of games, etc at the park the rest of the day.  Come on down.

Diane Amberg

Who cooks the hog? Spit roasted? I love good pulled pork!

sixdogsmom

Hog roast is tomorrow night, and I too like pulled pork. I did not see fireworks on the agenda; we usually have those on Sat. night. Skipped the bean feed this year, I have potatoes, steak, and burgers on the grill. I should be set for a couple of days.  :D :D
Edie

Roma Jean Turner

Just got back from the bean feed and auction.  A perfect night for it.  Wow, some of those pies, etc went for 5 and $600.  Don't know the grand total, but probably over 10,000 someone said.  I am skipping the movie at the tennis courts, but will be at the parade tomorrow.  I read about the fireworks in the Prairie Star paper, but can't remember for sure which night Moline's is.  Probably after one night of the Rodeo.

flintauqua

Marilyn McNee posted on FB that the auction brought in $15,600.  Two of her pies went for $600 each.  Some years back, her coconut cream pie would often fetch over $1000 by itself.

I'm pretty sure I read either on here or on one of the rodeo sanctioning assn. sites that the fireworks would be after the Monday (July 4th) performance of the Elk County Rodeo, and that David Oakleaf is performing the night of the 3rd.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Diane Amberg

Holy pie crust! I thought Elk County was poor! $600.00 for a pie? Holy bananas!  ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk