What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Oh Lodie......You kids are all SO MUCH FUN !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

jarhead

Toadie---I mean Lodie. I do have problems keeping my britches up but it's because of my chiseled profile . You know," broad at the shoulders and narrow in the hips "!! that song "Big John" was originally wrote as "Big Ron" but when Jimmie Dean was singing it he got choked of some of that whole hog sausage and just blurted out Big John. Now if I can clear anything else up for you don't hesitate to ask.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 21, 2011, 10:17:35 AM
We stayed at the big old Park Plaza Hotel right in the old Back Bay section of Boston, only a block from Boston Commons, the Public Gardens and some of the oldest churches, where the "Burying Grounds," as they call them, contain the graves of John Hancock, Paul Revere, John Adams and many others.

You saw the grave of John Hancock? Did you know he was a relative of ours? Did you take any pictures?

Wilma

Actually, Janet, we haven't been able to establish that John Hancock is an ancestor of ours.  On the other hand, we have established that John Adams is a far-away cousin.  As is FDR, half cousin, that is.

Janet Harrington

Heck, I thought we established that a long time ago. I guess it was Grandma's side, not Grandpa's side that has ancestor info.

Janet Harrington

I took the Colonel that I have on staff to get a bath at the Flint Hill Booster 4-H Club dog washing today at Dr. Julia Fecther's business. He really didn't like it, but he didn't vocally complain. He hung that big old head with that look, "Mamma, Don't you feel sorry for me?"

I then stopped at Traci's Trends and got a free T-Shift from their open house. I was one of the first 20 customers. It's good to be me.

I visited my niece and her family this morning. "I ain't 'fraid of no ghosts." A favorite saying that Uncle Jim taught the kids. LOL

Going to go to Mass in Independence this evening, take the husband out for Father's Day, then shop.

Wilma

On Grandpa's side there is a possibility of a tie to Abraham Lincoln.  The only thing we have to go on is a handwritten note on the side of a photo of one of Grandpa's aunts that she was a cousin to Lincoln's mother.  Can't find anything else.

Diane Amberg

Sorry I didn't take any photos of the graves, just the swan boats and George Washington's statue at the gardens. It was raining pretty hard when I took my walk. Didn't bother me, but I was trying not to get the camera wet. If we go again next year I'll be sure and take some.

jarhead

Frank,
Had my detector back from the "hospital" just a few days and it fell ill again. Monday it gets sent to the factory. They say Whites is second to none on making good on sick detectors---guess I will find out. Did manage to find 4 coins yesterday. A 1913 Buffalo nickel---1910, 1911 and 1917 Wheaties-but---the best things I had in my junk box. Watching detecting videos and a woman was showing a Civil War bed roll buckle that has a heart on it. I says to myself,"whoa there Hoss---you got one of them puppies" Turns out I have two of them--one with a heart and the other just a circle. I thought they were old brass belt buckles. Now I know there were no Civil War battles here in Longton but ol Sarge says they were probably used by US  troops long after the Civil War ---and we all know ol Sarge is a smart son of a gun. It does baffle my brain as to why these buckles were found at the "house of ill Repute " site !! Guess them old time soldiers didn't have the morals that my beloved Marines had / have .

Bonnie M.

Ronnie, you are "something else!"  I'm sure glad I got to say "hi" when we were in Longton, even though you were in a great big hurry!  Did Joe come to see you?
Bonnie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk