What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I have been in tears watching this I simply can't get my head around it.  Some of my friends are frantcally trying to contact friends there but they can't get through.  So far Springfield hasn't been hit just more rain.

Diane Amberg

Try as I might I just can't imagine how you are feeling. I know how I felt when the big F5 tornado hit OK City a few years back and I was frantic trying to find out about Aunt Courtenay Amberg who was within blocks of the worst of it.This has to be worse.

Ms Bear

My daughters have family and friends in Joplin and are still waiting to hear from some of them.  Some of them have been able to get word to someone and it was passed on to everyone else.  This is so hard to comprehend, so many people involved.

Diane Amberg

My prayers continue for all involved. I was watching TV this morning and the photos and stories were amazing and so tragic. They told about one young man who was sucked out the sunroof on his car as his father was driving trying to get home. The car was hit and rolled several times.The father survived and told what happened.The son hasn't been seen since. That's the stuff nightmares come from. I'll take our hurricanes any day!

Diane Amberg

We are having a beautiful day here today, low humidity and to get up to about 80. This evening is Newark night once again. UD has closed and we "townies" close down Main Street for a huge street fair. The fire house is open and we have a fire safety tent on Main St.with hand outs and things for the kids. We'll set up the 9-1-1 simulator so people can practice making emergency calls and we'll show case the brand new ladder truck. They are expecting @ 40,000 people since the weather will be perfect. The Main Street Merchants Association always sponsors interesting things and all the restaurants,and there are many, have outdoor food and interesting specials.Being a college town we have a lot of neat international cuisine.You woud never know the economy is bad because everybody eats!
Oh, and one more thing, and yes, I am bragging. When we had our thank you reception Thurs. evening for our $100.00 and up contributors, the Mayor and City Council members came. The Mayor gave us all pins for winning the best Main Street in the country award. I was amazed. It's the 'Great American Main Street" award. We came in first, I assume for cities and towns of our size. Needless to say we are very pleased. Have a wonderful day and a beautiful weekend. Often our weather comes from you out there before we see it, but this front came right down from Quebec.

patyrn

Today is our 39th wedding anniversary, and we are getting packed and ready to leave for Alaska on Tuesday.  So excited............if only we didn't have to fly to get there........................

Diane Amberg

Hey, congratulations! I knew you were going soon but didn't know for sure when. Just take a deep breath and hope you get a pleasant person for your security check. We've been very lucky. After that, I'm sure you'll have a wonder flight and only half as long as ours was. You'll have a wonderful time. From the typical Alaska architecture to the friendly people and the animals and the vastness of everything your eyes will have a feast, as will your tummy...reindeer sausage, sourdough pancakes, halibut and salmon.The good Copper River salmon may be running now. Don't forget to go to bed! (Oh my, I want to go too!) I want to hear all about your trip when you get back. I'll be thinking of you!

larryJ

Sounds great!  Have a safe and wondertime time.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Teresa

I've given 2 massages today and cleaned the house.. watered all the flowers and now I am heading out to our lake and crawl on a mower while Mark crawls on the tractor and we will spend the afternoon mowing.. Hopefully tonight will have me with my feet up .. a cool drink in my hand and a nice campfire to relax by..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jane

Went to one of the best estate sales I have seen in a while. Did not buy much but ended up buy what we thought was a print and turns out to be done in ink. It does have the artist name on it but hard to read. Also bought a real tall antique coffee grinder and etched glass tea tray. What fun, what fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk