What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

It is my turn to tell what I am doing today for excitement.
For the past year, give or take a month or so, I have been saving, With God's help, to attend my
grandson's wedding in Wisconsin the 21st of May.
Well, Praise the Lord, He has made it possible with the help of His angels that I get to go.
So, Tuesday, I leave to go to Topeka and then Thursday my sister will drive me to the airport in
Kansas City to fly to Milwaukee where my daughter (or one of her guys..I hope.LOL) will pick me up
and I will be there until the 24th and back to Topeka for a couple of days.
so Monday will be my last day of posting devotions here. If one of you wants to do the honors for a few
days;; Go right ahead. If not there is a lot of reading you can do and refresh your minds.
So, what am I doing. Well, laundry and planning what I can pack in one carry on bag that will have casual
clothes and my wedding finery. I understand this is a huge event. Not in the likes of Prince William and Kate, but
for us just as big.
Thank the Lord, pants are still in. I will wear a dress for the wedding. It is in a Luthern church and very "uptown!"
Just a tad worried. I am a "Red-Neck" from way back and am very happy in sweats and the like. Feel like Ma Kettle heading to Paris
what a fish out of water.
God willing, I will be back and with a story to tell. Just hope my body can keep up. Each day another piece of me either rusts out or cramps, or goes on strike. Sitting all that time will be rough.
I am so looking forward to going and being there with the family.
God is providing, God will bring me to it and home again.
Back to work.
Me
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

patyrn

So glad you are going to get to go to this special event in your family, Judy!  Enjoy every minute and soak up all the festivities!  Have a great trip!

Diane Amberg

Hooray Judy! Uptown is not as "Up town" any more as you might think.  Unless it's white tie, any dress will do just fine. Just wear your best smile and don't upstage the bride! ;D Have a wonderful time.

sixdogsmom

Judy, you are bound to have a great time! Enjoy!  :D
Edie

larryJ

Have a safe trip, Judy, and don't forget to dance with the groom!  Enjoy every minute of your special event.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Roma Jean Turner

Diane Amberg

We're trying to get ready for our big Memorial Day parade tomorrow .Of course it's raining right now to make our set up and clean up more difficult.There are supposed to be spotty showers and thunderstorms  tomorrow too. We have so many military units and bands coming that the parade won't be cancelled unless it's a real frog choker because it can't be rescheduled. At 1:00 there is a military ceremony on the UD green ( very moving ) and the parade steps off at 2:00 sharp when we blow the station 9 siren. It's a big deal here as we have by far the biggest Memorial Day parade in Delaware. It takes more than an hour to get the more than 200 units  down the street. After, we'll have an old fashioned "housing" for the new ladder truck. We'll push it into it's bay for the first time.The VFW is coming to do something special, but the Chief won't tell me what as it's to be a surprise .Since we are dedicating the new truck to all the Newark area veterans ( my doings...brag,brag ;D ) maybe they'll give us a nice flag for it. Then I have to make myself enjoy the big party that follows  ;D ;D ;D Many of our neighboring fire companies will be coming and we all have a wonderful time..Then Monday is packing, bingo during the evening and we're off to Boston by train Tuesday morning. I'm told to expect patrol dogs but no baggage or personal checking. We'll see. We'll be back Friday evening. Enjoy the break from me.

greatguns

Diane, it sounds like you are going to have a great break from this.  Have a fun parade and enjoy your visit to Boston.  Some pictures of your parade would be nice.

Ms Bear

Judy, I hope you have a great time at the wedding and get to see lots of family.  Diane, it sounds like a fun trip for you also.  I just came home today from almost two weeks in Tennessee with my brother and sister-in-law, had a wonderful time there.  We went to The Grand Ole Opry, Loretta Lynn's home and museum, Andrew Jackson's home and several Civil War sites.  Went to Kentucky to Fort Boonesborough and then to Ohio to see a nephew and family.

We are already planning for the next time I go.  There was so much to see there.

patyrn

That sounds like a great trip, Ms. Bear!  We lived in Louisville, Kentucky for a couple of years, and I love that area of the country.  Would like to go back and do more exploring than we had time to do then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk