What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

Erin go braugh, Happy St. Patricks's Day. (Éirinn go brách, for my Irish friends). Now, I am going home to kiss my own redhead Irish girl.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Ms Bear

Jarhead, I found an old Pepsi bottle and a small glass today.  They were just under the edge of one of the storage buildings in my yard.  I have been hoping to find some of the old bottles from the bottling plant that was here in the early 40's, we have pictures of the bottling plant at the museum but haven't found any bottles with the name on them.  I had some but don't know what happened to them and would like to give them to the museum.

jarhead

Ms Bear,
That's great. I have boxes and boxes of old bottles from back in my bottle digging days ( yes I jump from one hobby to the next one) but I don't think I have anything old that is Pepsi. I dug several straight sided script Coke bottles but sold them on E-bay to cover broken shovel handle expenses. If you really want to dig old bottles probe for old out house holes. They might be 10 ft. deep or deeper and full of bottles. I have dug several of the "Longton Bottling Co" bottles and "H.G. Bailey--Longton,Ks" bottles. When digging old out house holes if the dirt stinks--move on, it's too new. :)
  Things are looking up the last two days on metal detecting. Found two Mercury dimes and a 1944 Standing liberty half dollar. You might of heard me do the Tarzan scream when I found that 50 cent piece.
   I would like to find a relic from all the old country schools that I can. Maybe put together a display. Thanks to Frank Winn I now have a map of the school locations. Hit one this past week and so much junk I was about to give up when I found a brass token "buy one cake--get one cake free of Crystal Cocoa Palmolive soap" It dates from 1926-1928.
Another place I found a brass compact from the Pompeian Co. The lid has a "art Nouveau female design intricately incised". That company was from 1890 -1928. Near it was a brass collapsible (travel) cup. The lid has a neat floral pattern embossed on it. Pat. date on the bottom is 1897. As a pup I remember having the travel cups but they were aluminum.
Sorry I went off on a rant, but you talk arrowheads, old bottles and metal detecting and you got my attention.

Ms Bear

We moved in this house in 1983 and it had been vacant for several years, we would find bottles and other stuff out in the area that is now my clothes line.  We cut some trees and finally got grass to grow there and haven't found much in quite awhile.  It was always interesting to see what a heavy rain would uncover.

We had a large garden and would find some interesting things there after it was tilled each year but when we put the pig out there she dug up a table knife and a fork among other things.  I told her to dig me up a bar of gold and I would build her a house.  As deep as she dug I figured she should find something.

Bonnie M.

For excitement????  I'm packing a suitcase to be ready to fly to Ireland this week-end, for a nine day tour.  Along on the nine day tour will be my daughter & son-in-law, Cathy & Harvey, & my sister, Patsy. We're looking forward to having a wonderful time, as this is the first time for us to visit Ireland. 
Bonnie

sixdogsmom

Edie

larryJ

Bonnie, have a safe and enjoyable trip!!!!!  And, say hi to all my relatives if there is any left. :laugh:

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Roma Jean Turner

Have a great time Bonnie, can't wait to hear about it when you get back.  If you see the Blarney stone, give it a pat for me.  Grandma always used to say that I had been kissed by it.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bonnie M.

Larry, I'll just say "Hi" to everyone I meet, thinking that they might be some of your relatives!  (Or, mine!)

Roma Jean, I've seen pictures of people attempting to kiss the Blarney stone, and I doubt that I'll be doing that!  But, I'll try and get a picture of "others" who are making the attempt!

Bonnie

Ms Bear

My nephew is there on vacation.  Hope you have a wonderful time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk