What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Friday is a school day for the granddaughter and she likes to sleep over on Thursday night.  Mommy likes it too, so she won't have to make the side trip to our house on the way to work. 

So she went to school and had a good time.  In the afternoon, we took her to a park which has a really nice play area padded with cork squares so if you fall, it won't hurt so bad.  There is also an area with water geysers and water cannons and buckets that dump water from about 10 feet up.  She absolutlely loves that.  And she got an ice cream from one of the ice cream vendors.  And, of course, when it was time to go, she didn't want to go. 

Just another good day.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

frawin

We just got home from The Oak Ridge Boys concert!  What a show they put on!!!!  They are very high energy guys.  One of the best  concerts we have seen!  Of course, we like their music very much, and they have some great new material as well.  It was a sold out concert!
Myrna

Mom70x7

We've enjoyed the Oak Ridge Boys - they've come to Neewollah (Independence) a couple of times. You're right - they put on a good show.

Some performers are great on the radio and/or tv but not so hot in person. The Oak Ridge Boys are even better in person than on air.

larryJ

When our son and daughter-in-law left last April for their round the world tour, we agreed to store his car in our driveway.  We try to drive it occasionally to keep it lubed and the battery charged.  There have been some problems getting it started that were fixed and when it came time to renew the registration, it wouldn't pass the smog test, so that had to be fixed.  Now, and we will do this today, it needs some tires on the front.  Not just any tires, but the kind he likes that are only available from the guy he likes.  Other than that, we will be indoors as the temp will be near 100 degrees today.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

I don't call it excitement but gonna make a bunch of Elderberry jelly today. Maybe Sarge will quit whinning about needing some. Wrong !! Then he will whine about useing the berries for jelly instead of making wine.

Cheyenne

They are having a "Rescues and Runways" event at Emporia's "mall" so were are doing a pony ride fundraiser so I have to go walk around in circles leading a horse all afternoon. Not exactly excitement ::)

Ole Granny

Taking my Nexium. eating some whole wheat toast and heading to the Chili Cook-Off in Wichita Old Town.  Son-in-law is a Wagonmaster for the River Festival spthey are contestants.  Always a good time for the grandkids.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

flo

Well, today I am staying indoors due to sinus allergies, a stuffy head and sore throat, but last Sunday I attend the first birthday party for my great-granddaughter, Madison.  I took that picture that Cheyenne is using below her name.  She is definately a sweetie.  ;) :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Catwoman

Chores...Lots of chores...Kind of depressing on a sunny Saturday afternoon!:-(

Jo McDonald

Spent the morning up town at the festival -- enjoyed the great parade and the chili cook off.  saw a lot of friends and made some new acquaintances.  I MET RUDY TAYLOR !!!!  Yeaaaa.
  Bought some really good cherry tarts from the Baptist church ladies, helped fold some ticket stubs for the Auxiliary quilt drawing, walked in the cake walk -- stopped in at the Wellness Center.  WOW  is what I have to say about that.  What a great addition to our community. 
It has been a great Saturday and we will go back up for the drawings at 6.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk