What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

So we're driving down the road this afternoon headed to our favorite Mexican place for late lunch,Taqueria Moroleon when we catch up to a dark green pickup truck at a traffic light. It had Kansas plates. Not exactly common here. I figure some of "them " are out to get me for sure, so I pulled out my .45 and laid it on my lap just in case. Does that sound neurotic enough? Just kidding of course.  I did wonder about the plate though. It had LO in the upper left corner. Would that be for a county?

patyrn

I believe the small letters would signify a county.  However, Kansas has no county with a LO abbreviation - Lincoln County in North Central Kansas is abbreviated LC and Logan County in Northwest Kansas is abbreviated LG.  Maybe it was one of those two counties.  Wherever they were from in Kansas, they certainly were A LONG WAY FROM HOME!!!

Roma Jean Turner

I am doing well enough to get my little dogs back home today.  We are cuddling up in bed tonight.  So happy to have them home.

Ms Bear

That is wonderful news.  I am sure they are as happy as you are.

sixdogsmom

Edie

Diane Amberg

That is so good Roma Jean. Nice to have things more back to normal.

Diane Amberg

I've got bats hanging all around the edge of the porch and hanging from the taller bushes, big spider web and a good sized spider across the front and a long happy faced wind sock ghost hanging near the step. I have anatomically correct human heart to hang. That should be fun.The new family across the street has 4 kids so I decided to decorate a bit more for them. I'll light a pumpkin about dusk and see how many kids we get this year. Didn't get many last year. Any of you decorate in any special way? What are your treats? I know some of you make popcorn balls.

Wilma

Teresa really needs to put some pictures of her place on here.  Maybe if I am out and about this afternoon, I will just take some.

Diane Amberg

Diane Amberg

Well, I'm just so proud of my friend AJ .Some of you might remember that an EMT /firefighter friend  of mine was hit by two cars and killed a couple of months ago while she was out jogging.She was a physical therapist and sports trainer at one of our local high schools.Today her husband ran the Marine Corp Marathon in Washington DC in her honor. It's a really big deal here with some 30,000 runners. He finished 5:02:34.  He had whole cheering squad of friends who went down to cheer him on. I'm sure Teri was watvhing over him and cheering him on. I'm just sitting here waiting for some kids to arrive and making the  Christmas posters for our Fire House kids' Christmas party on Dec. 12.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk