What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Of course  you would because you love me.  LOL

Diane Amberg

Janet, every time go down town I think of you. One of the store windows on Main Street has  a sign that says "Save the TaTas"  ;D

Janet Harrington

I have a shirt from a Harley Davidson shop in Joplin that says on the front...Save the Ta Ta's.  On the back it says..Big or small save them all. 

This is a brown T-shirt with hot pink lettering.  It was done for a fund raiser I believe.  Anyway, I got one and I wear it quite a bit.

Ms Bear

Janet, your project doesn't sound like much fun but I hope you will enjoy the new desk.

I am relaxing and trying to stay awake, since I don't have to work tomorrow I can stay up as late as I want or at least as late as I can keep my eyes open.  Was supposed to give blood tomorrow but have been on anti-biotics so can't give this time, will go back to the Dr since I have had an allergic reaction to one of the new medications and I'm not sure which one.  Doubleling up on the Zrtec is not helping enough so will go back to Dr., tired of not being able to get enough air.

Diane, your day tomorrow sounds very interesting.  I don't know of any events planned for here tomorrow.  I will go the the Museum and take some historical information that I found this week for the Military exhibit we are workiing on.

My daughter is here from Oklahoma and is out with her friends tonight and tomorrow afternoon after the visit to the Museum we will go to the Cemetery and take some flowers to my husbands grave.  She wants some more pictures of him so we will spend some time going through pictures, a chance to hear some memories that I have forgotten.

Teresa

Don't know if what I am doing today is going to be exciting.. but it will certainly be fun...
Heading to the field in a bit to go dove hunting..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Teresa, you just stay away from my side of town and my ringnecked doves.  I would miss them at my feeder.

Today has really been fun.  Have you ever tried to write checks with one eye?  Now, Larry, I know I use my hands to write checks, not my eyes.  The checks had to be written or I would have put them off for another week.  Every day is seeing some improvement and the bubble in my eye is definitely smaller.  I have learned though, to not hold my cup over my lap while pouring coffee.

Judy Harder

I just finished one of my favorite yard chores.

I have taken it upon myself (with managements ok) to prune and get shrubs neaten up...or cut back completely what ever comes first.

I had been staring at a 'go your own way' rose bush; it could be lethal if you got too close.......and because the unit had been empty for a few months it did go its own way. Well, today it was cool enough and I had enough wind (allergies, at least) and it looks much better.

Still have bushes to get ready for fall, but I am learning to pace myself and you know when they wait, I usually see another place that needs help........LOL
So I think for rest of afternoon, I will find a football game, a nap or a book and rest on the sofa.
I would love to do something else out side, go somewhere. But, it isn't any fun alone and it would have to be close.
Next Saturday will be Mason's day and Blues on the Green, so there will be something to do here at home.

Hope you all have a great afternoon, what is left of it and a good evening.
Oh wilma, I had Bells Palsey once upon a time and if you know it part of your face stays fixed until it wears off.
I learned to drink coffee very carefully. With a straw you tend to get to the hottest part of the cup and it even burns through dentures........LOL.........Oh and drinking a can of beer does give you a buzz, much quicker.....LOL what an adventure.....after I knew it wasn't a stroke..

This too shall pass!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Well, I was going to do some heavy duty teasing of Wilma writing with her eyes, but she spoiled that. 

A little story to tell------not that I want to bore you with my troubles, but hey, nothing else to do.  Six years ago, my wife went to Idaho and rescued her sister from an abusive marriage and brought her here.  Being the psychic that I am, I saw nothing but bad news with this, but, being married all these years, I have been well trained on when to keep my mouth shut (which is most of the time.)  Anyhoo, Sis has been diagnosed as bi-polar and schizo-affective.  Don't bother to look it up, she's wacko.  She moved in with us and all was good until she cracked and went into the hospital.  When she came out she decided to move somewhere else.  Yea!  That didn't last long and she was back for a few months and then left again not being able to get along with my wife, her sister.  This happened again and at that time, my wife and I decided she was on her own and we would not enable her anymore.  However, she got into a jam and had to come back against my wife's better wishes.  Over the years I have told her that soon she would wear out her welcome as far as I was concerned.  Within the last two months, her brain has switched to the manic state and she has become paranoid and just plain nasty.  Last week upon returning home from our trip she had moved her things to a neighbor two doors down.  Hooray!  Two days later she called and asked if she could use the shower as the neighbor's didn't work very well.  She came down in the evening and took her shower and then refused to leave the bathroom, pushing a chair that we have in there against the knob.  No amount of talking was going anywhere and then she called the cops telling them she was being abused.  So we went outside and waited for them.  They went in and finally talked her out after she had been in there for three hours.  The next day she had an appointment with her psych counselor.  She went off on the counselor accusing her of trying to lock her up.  So the counselor called the police and Sis was transported to the mental ward for observation.  Yippee!  My wife and I have talked about this and this time she is gone bye bye and no more contact will be made.  Her car which is in our name had to be rescued so we did that yesterday and today the neighbor came down and wanted me to get her sh---- out.  Which I did.  But this is it.  I am done. Why did I relate this personal problem to you?  I don't know, but that is my excitement for today.  It is tiring so I am taking a nap!!!!!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

patyrn

We've had a football-watching afternoon.  First, KU had a great game, unexpectedly winning over Georgia Tech, and now OU has beaten Florida State after a questionable showing last weekend.  Life is good...........

Judy Harder

God bless you Larry. The bi-polar people aren't the easiest of people to love and care for.
Some days you do have to wave the white flag. Your sanity is as important as hers and God will
take care of her. So take a deep breath and relax.

You earned it.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk