What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

We went to downtown OKC with our church group tonight and served dinner to the homeless people and shared in their Saturday night worship service.  What an eye-opening experience but a very inspirational one.  I came home physically and emotionally exhausted, but it's a good kind of tired. 

Diane Amberg

It kind of changes your perspective doesn't it? Everyone should do that once in awhile. I'm so glad your group went.
      My "boat neighbor" proudly presented us with a huge pile of crabs so we'll spend the the evening crab cracking.Yummy! Peach cobbler for dessert. It finally rained this morning for a good while so our thirsty plans got a nice drink.

Mom70x7

Just made some applesauce cake, with homemade applesauce, with apples from our tree. Sooo good! :D

Diane Amberg

Oh, I just love applesauce cake! We just got back from the farmers market with more goodies than I can stuff in the 'fridge. Now I need to go pick toms again.  There is a nice tomato sandwich in my future. Al's  legs are not good today so we'll skip helping out with bingo tonight at the firehouse. Until I started helping them I didn't know there were so many kinds of bingo games.

Judy Harder

The morning started out good. Did my devotions and then since I hadn't walked for a few days the dogs and I headed south.
Walked to the rodeo grounds and as we came back by ball diamond I noticed something (people) had just thrown their trash around the dug-out. So instead of letting someone else do it. I spent the time picking it up. Sassy enjoyed running around off her leash and Scooter thought he could help me clean by eating all of the pieces of inedible food he could find. He also showed me pieces that I didn't see. He would eat a tree, if he could............food is number one with him.

Then we came home with me nursing a hip and both knees giving me fits.
last few days I have been having issues with my legs. don't know if it is arthiritis related. or something else.
So this week I am getting blood work and will follow through with a doctor visit.

I get light headed when I stand up or kneel over to tie dogs out;  while I am sitting its ok.
I feel good Until I move.
Rest of the day is just playing here and maybe a nap.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

greatguns

Started peeling pears this morning at 3:00 A.M.  Now my pear butter is cooking down and it sure does smell good.  I just might have to make some biscuits on Sunday morning.

Judy Harder

I am heading to the Moline clinic to find out what my blood work was and see why I am still
having breathing probs. I am pretty sure it is allergy's but what meds I have are not hitting it.
Get breathless just standing up sometimes and teeter like an old lady...........and I AM NOT OLD<
yet! LOL think it is all age related, but need some confirmation.

Also need to work up bulletin either today or tomorrow. Had a low tire last night after airing it up may need
to take it and see what is the problem.
There is always something.
Thank God He only gives me what I can handle......Praise the Lord I can walk and talk and say Thank you to Him.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Take care, Judy, I hope the blood work turns out okay.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Judy, same here I'll check back with you later. I just got back from my annual visit to "Julius Squeezer" ;D and I'm dealing with a minor back strain.I stretched a little too far picking toms and now I'm paying for it. Fortunately some Ibuprofen handled it well enough. I think I may set up the heating pad for awhile too.Has your heat out there settled down?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk