What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I know that I am in my second childhood.  I can open the child proof caps.

Warph

Wilma... I'm pondering. 

...If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

...Why do people point to their wrist when they want to know the time?  Should I point to my crotch when I want to know where the bathroom is?

...If you put a chameleon in a mirrored box what color would it change to?

...Why is it called a "near miss" when you don't hit something?

...Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?

...If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

...If nothing ever sticks to Teflon, how do they make Teflon stick to the pan?

...If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

We made my bi-monthly trip to the big city today.  Started out in heavy fog this morning.  A few miles north of Howard, we came unexpectedly close to a vehicle in front of us that was driving without lights.  It was a white car with an Elk County tag.  The number was either 294 or 394-DNU.  Only Daughter's quick reaction prevented a rear end collision.  It makes me wonder who is stupid enough to want to drive without lights in a situation where it is important that other drivers are able to see them.

Wilma

I must update you on Bud's recent activity.

patyrn

We have 4 1/2 inches of snow on the ground here in central Oklahoma.  This afternoon during the OU/OSU Bedlam football game, we experienced a 4.8 earthquake that really put everyone on alert!!!  We had no damage,  but friends in other parts of Edmond had things fall off shelves and wall hangings hit the floor.  The biggest shock was that OU beat OSU (who have had a great season)!!!  Boomer Sooner!!!!

Jane

Wilma,
You might want to check on those plants your cat is playing with as I think they are deadly to cats if they eat them.
Jane

Diane Amberg

Wilma

Thank you, Jane, but those poinsettias are artificial.  I don't have real ones, partly because of him, but mostly because they don't survive long in my house.

Diane, I don't let Bud close to any of my house plants, even though he sometimes gets to them.  Mostly he chews on the honeysuckle that grows up the side of the porch.  Then we have some coughing and gagging until he gets it up.  I think cats have to do that once in awhile.

Diane Amberg

There are some common house plants that are mildly toxic to household pets. Most of the serious problems come from human foods and meds, or so says our vet....and antifreeze.

Jane

I got to thinking about plants there were only mildly toxic and went to Google and ASPCA and found out there are plants will cause anything from seizures to heart attacks. Here is a list of just some of them.
Lilies, Marijuana, Sago Palm, Tulip bulbs, Azalea, Oleander, Castor Beans, Cyclamen, Chrysanthemums, Ivy (did not say what kind) Amaryllis. ASPCA said it did not take much to disturb the cats system. I wanted to find out because of my cats and plants. And to ask someone higher then my local vet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk