What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

He didn't specify so I am sticking to water and coffee.

Wilma

Oh me, oh my, I am not just a useless, unneeded old woman anymore.  This great grandma has been called upon to alter a costume that was made for a 9 year old and a 12 year old wants to wear it again.  The grandma made it for the 9 year old and the 12 year old wants to wear it this year.  Grandma is too far away to make the alterations in time for when it is needed so this great grandma got the call.  The skirt still fits just fine, but the bodice was a bit small.  The alteration has been made and is waiting for a try-on and acceptance.  Wish me luck.

Diane Amberg

So what kind of costume is it? Good luck!

Judy Harder

Good for you Wilma. I am trying to find the fingers to hem up 3 pairs of pants I bought this summer.
Would wear them now, but the hems do just drag the ground. I found out I have shrunk an inch and the
length I have always bought just do need help......

I planned on cleaning out a couple of drawers today and yes, I have made headway. I have a box of pictures and
greeting cards I am going through soon.not sure if tonight or when, but they are out of drawer and waiting for
me to sort them.

I have spent most of the day reliving pictures and wondering why I kept that or this.....and thought "Oh, Yes, I know who
Was going to get that......oh well "White Elephant now" keep a box for gifts I can give out.. Found an item still in box unopened I can re-gift for Christmas this year. Oh, not family....but someone gave dad a candle last year and he is asthmatic and can't be around them.

This whole week I have been having a lot of fun being a homemaker instead of playing games on puter and it feels good. Now, next week will be back to games.
Oh, I did unthaw a roll of bread dough and it is baking right now. Made stew yesterday that should be just about right tonight.
I have been sleeping well, too! LoL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

Diane, she calls it a belly dancer costume.  There is some space between the top of the skirt and the bottom of the bodice.  I purposely made the bodice undergarment too long so that I could shorten it just to please her.  They have just been here and gone and both mother and daughter were happy with it.  I used a camisole that I didn't like and wouldn't have worn again to make a camisole type undergarment for the bodice.  The camisole was snug enough to hug her body and the bodice over it looked good.  Great grandmother is pleased.  I hope grandma is, too.

Janet Harrington

Well, I just happen to think that the great grandma and the grandma are both pretty great. But then again, what do I know!!!

Ms Bear

And now she has a special costume.  So glad you are able to do it.  I enjoy sewing but am not very good at altering, that is another world.

Diane Amberg

larryJ

My pattern on weekends has been to go to Newport Beach to see my son and family and sometimes to babysit.  Saturday, there was a guy here finishing up some work on all the improvements we have been doing, so that day was out.  And, the Chairwoman of the Board has come down with a nasty cold given to her by GD #2.  Sunday, she asked if I had heard from our son, to which I shook my head, no.  So she sent him a message asking if they needed me to come down and mentioning she would not be able to go with me because of the cold.  He texted back that they did want to go to dinner at a client's restaurant and would I be willing to babysit?  However, because the restaurant is fairly close to our area, they wanted to bring the baby here.  It was decided that would be okay as long as the wife stayed in her room away from the baby.  They came and dropped her off and left.  I called my daughter and told her that Cora was in town and if the other two granddaughters wanted to see her, to drop on over.  They came over after they had their dinner and visited for a while and then left as it was a school night and the girls needed to get to bed.  My son and his wife came back around 8:30 and stayed for a while.

Now...........................normally, the baby will sit on the floor and play with toys............or walk back and forth between one adult, me, and someone else, in this case, my wife's cousin.  She did not want to leave my lap the entire evening.  She did eventually let the cousin hold her, but she did not want to play with her cousins when they were here and after they left, she fell asleep in my arms.  When my son came back, she woke up and then she was extremely happy that mommy and daddy were back and was all smiles and laughing. 

I guess I should be flattered that she only wanted to be next to me, no matter how painfully cramped my arm would get.  I think that of all the people who were here, she was more familiar with me from all the weekends I spent with her and she considered me the safest place to be.

Excitement for the day of course is giving out all the candy to the kids.  I did buy Snickers, but I am watchful for any oversize kid dressed like a Marine..............he ain't getting any................

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk