What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Quote from: farmgal67357 on September 25, 2011, 11:04:59 PM
After we picked up Kyle we were off to the Dillons store in Andover. I have NEVER seen anything like this store. Really, there are almost too many things to choose from there! We did our shopping and went over to the Deli/Bakery section to pick out something for supper. I got to watch the Sushi chef make me a crunchy dragon roll to take home. Kyle got some spicy beef and rice with some crab rangoon. Will found him some chicken wings and a nice pea salad. Everyone was happy!

That is a lovely store, isn't it!  :D  We do most of our shopping here in town, but that Dillons has soooo much. Our joke is we can't walk into the store without spending $50. Jim and I've gone on a couple of dates, where we simply sit in their coffee area and watch the people. We usually meet someone we know.

larryJ

The birthday party for #3 went very well.  There were over 80 people invited.  60 said they would be there.  As it turns out only about 40 actually showed up.  And, people arrived at different times so it wasn't crowded like I thought it was going to be.  Granddaughters #2 and #1 were already there and chomping at the bit to go over to the beach and play.  It is a small beach, not more than 20 yards wide and maybe 30 yards long between the boat slips.  My daughter-in-law had set up a shade cover although there wasn't much sun.  So I took them down to the beach to watch them until my son-in-law finally came down there.  I watched the boats for a while and then went back to the house.  #3 was asleep on the patio when we got there, but by the time I got back she was awake and there was a great deal of holding and hugging and passing her around.  Many of my DIL's family were there, some from as far away as Toronto, Canada, (half-sister) and two other relatives from San Francisco. We stayed long enough for some presents to be opened and then left.  I had thought we would stop at the Legion on the way out, but there was a private party going on, so we went home.

That was Saturday.  My wife's cousin also had a birthday last week and so we went back down to Newport yesterday.  My son and DIL and #3 met us at the Crab Cooker restaurant for lunch and then on to the Legion Post. We sat out on the patio with libations and gave her cards and cut a small birthday cake for all but me (can't eat wheat.)  This is whale watching season here, so there were a lot of big tour boats going out to see the whales.  Someone at the table next to us had gone on one, but didn't get to see any whales.  There was a band playing music from the 70's and 80's.  We went back to their house and picked up some cooking pots we had left there and some leftover food to take home.  They had the party catered and there was a lot of food left over.

This morning I was up early as usual.  I had scheduled a CT scan for 7:20 and got there around 7:00 and got in right away.  The actual test wasn't supposed to be until 9:20 (gotta give the barium some time to get into the body), but I was in the machine by 8:15 and home by 8:45.  Only thing on the agenda today is to get some new tires for the wife's car.  No baby sitting today. 

Larry
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I wonder if I stared a business taking people out to watch the whale watching boats I could make a go of it. ;D

Ms Bear

The boat to watch the whale watchers boats sounds like fun, could be a profitable adventure.

The beach sounds wonderful, just can't get too enthused about the Gulf here in Texas.  It isn't the Pacific.  I wanted to go to Georgia and spend some time on the beach on the Atlantic side but haven't made it yet.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Teresa on September 26, 2011, 07:51:44 AM
Sixguns... I've been to the Peace Treaty events and the ranch rodeo in medicine lodge..  and it is awesome..

farmgal.... sounds like you had a wonderful day! The descriptive narrative was excellent.. . as was your Sixdogs..
  and yes~~ all Chinese restaurants have a sugar glaze of some kind on everything except their egg drop soup. Thats the only thing I can eat if I go to one.

Another reason she won't eat Chinese is because she thinks they serve cats and rats. Just kidding. Keep that broom stick at home.

farmgal67357

We had a Chinese restaurant three blocks from our home in Parsons. We visited them so much, we felt like part of the family! There's Peter, the owner, his mom (we call her grandma), his sister and her husband and their three boys, Stephen, Timmy, and Kyle. Their food never made us sick, their style was more like home cooking and that's why we liked it so much. We always visit them when we take Kyle back to Parsons to see his dad every other weekend. There are 3 little boys that I have to hug! They really spoiled us...... ;D
Lisa

sodbuster

Back From Lake Tahoe today. Had a great time, in fact the weather was so good and the forecast that it will continue for several more weeks, I  think I will be going back in mid October for a men only trip. My link is to pictures I posted from one of my previous trips a few years ago. I will post pic.'s from this trip and the mid Oct. trip  later.

Quote from: dnalexander on September 04, 2009, 07:24:57 PM
I'm spending the next week at Lake Tahoe. Here are some pictures of what I am looking at while here. I will try and post some of my pictures if I can get them digitized. Hope everyone has a great labor day.

click on the header Quote from: dnalexander on September 04, 2009, 08:24:57 pm above and it will talke you to previous pic.s of where I was. Pictures of the current trip and the one mid Oct. to follow.

Tip to anyone interested in going to Lake Tahoe. After Labor Day and before Halloween is a great time. Generally good, warm, weather, cheaper rates, less crowds.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Wilma

I created a ghost to guard my front steps. 

Bud adopted him.

Wilma

As usual, the second one posted before the first one.

sixdogsmom

Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk