What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Maurice Perkins has opened up his property .. where they have made a wide road to use so that they don't have to make the sharp corner at the end of Washington street.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

I will have to check that out.  I never get farther west than Walnut.

I notice this morning that my morning glories have more than one blossom.  There are about six blossoms that I can see from the window.  I don't know what is on the other side.  Maybe there is still time for a real show of sky blue.

larryJ

No rest for the old and weary......................Granddaughters were here at 6:45, fed them breakfast, took the older one to school at 8:00, came home, ran through the shower and shaved and got the younger one to preschool at 9:00, kept on going to Kaiser to keep my appointment with my Oncologist.  Came home, grabbed a sandwich, went to pick up the younger one at 12:30, came back, then went to pick up the other one at 2:20.  Whew!!!!!!!  Best yet, they both took a nap at the same time and so did Papa.  That's exciting! 

I got a good report card from the doctor.  I get a CT scan every six months and it was due, so I scheduled that and picked up some meds.

Everything is good.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

doobie

good deal LJ, hope your news from Oncology remains good news
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Diane Amberg

That's great news Larry. You are now my fourth friend who has had recent follow up scans, mammogram, etc. following their particular troubles and all were good reports. Very good news!

larryJ

The Kaiser insurance/medical coverage that been discussed before is fantastic.  Everything is located in one place, the hospital.  My Oncologist, primary care, pulmonary, etc. are all in one place.  The lab, three pharmacies and two different radiology labs are there.  My Oncologist makes sure I get a CT scan every six months, a monthly blood test for various reasons and all information is logged into the Kaiser computer system so that everyone who works there has access to any information they are allowed to see.  Of course, all doctors have total access.  My Oncologist told me yesterday that a pharmacist had sent me an e-mail about a medication which I hadn't even received yet.  When I do my monthly blood test the results hit my cell phone (e-mail goes to my cell, also) before I can make the 20 minuted drive home.  I feel very confident that my health is in good hands with them. 

Another day with the granddaughters...............arrived at 6:45, breakfast and then the oldest goes to school.  The youngest does not have preschool today so she will be here with us. 

Larryj

Diane Amberg

Yikes! Just what we don't need, more flooding rain. A tropical kind of system is moving up the east coast.
But today I don't care. My SIL is here from AZ and we're meeting for lunch. Haven't seen her since November. She's on a busy schedule but we'll get a short visit at least. She is such a sweet person.

Diane Amberg

Before we go off to a Post Polio group meeting ,I'm sitting here wondering if I'm the only one who has had some changes done to my forum home page.The business about how many new members there are has gone, as has the area with my name and photo and the PM"s notification area. One of my posts vanished also and seems to be totally gone. Has something happened or is someone trying to tell me something and I'm just too dense to get it?

larryJ

Don't know about your post, but you are still there on my computer in the members section.  If I click on your name, your profile comes up. 

Although my #3 granddaughter turned 1 last Wednesday, the party will be today.  My son and daughter-in-law have chosen to have the party at their new rental digs by the bay.  A small house, limited parking and a huge guest list.  We will go early (starts at 12) and leave early (maybe 2ish or so.)  As we are probably the only people over the age of 45 attending, this is more for their crowd so we will put in an appearance and then "get the heck outa Dodge." 

However, as has been mentioned too many times, the American Legion Post is just down the street and maybe we will stop there or hang around the beach or the pier and have dinner at the Crab Cooker.  Endless possibilities awaits us!

Larryj

Diane Amberg

It's the forum home page that has changed. I can't click on unread posts any longer. I have to hunt through each thread to try to figure out what is new.The number and names of new members has gone.The alert for a new PM is gone. The sections for announcements and birthdays has moved up to the top, which is very nice.
Any place called the Crab Cooker has got to be good . Crack one for me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk